Rebuilt 7 Mashburn Super

You got that thing cranking Scotty. Good deal. I'm not a synthetic stock guy by nature, but that's a nice looking setup with that light red recoil pad against the stock. Is that the same setup you have on your pre-64 30-06? I seem to remember that rifle looking like that also.

ShadeTree":1wr12bng said:
You got that thing cranking Scotty. Good deal. I'm not a synthetic stock guy by nature, but that's a nice looking setup with that light red recoil pad against the stock. Is that the same setup you have on your pre-64 30-06? I seem to remember that rifle looking like that also.

Yeah buddy. I’m pretty unoriginal. All of mine look about the same and red recoil pads are for Model 70’s and Rugers in my head!

I actually pretty wood and blued steel but I’m kinda hard on stuff when I’m away from home so coated metal and McMillans are the name of the game there.

Wow! Those are fantastic results, Scotty. Congratulations on a fine rebuild, great load development, and good marksmanship. Dan

Sweet! I wonder if ol Bob Hagel's Mashburn shot as well? :) By now, we all know that if you "asked" Warren Page about his, well of course, his was faster, better, more deadly, waaay out there too! ha Poor Warren... :p

Nice to see the finished product after the make-over, looks really nice Scotty. That's nice to see it's shooting well too! I had the last batch of 280 RWS brass Stateside a while back and sold them only because how short they were turning out in my 280 AI, amazing isn't it on how long they'll last!?!

Hopefully you'll find a node with the right powder and put it to work this year.

Hope you're doing well, it's been a long time since I've gotten on here.

That is a serious looking hunting rifle. Groups look great and like the red recoil pad that adds a nice touch to the stock. Hope you get a big elk or whatever with it. Dan.

Thanks fellas, I have been using the Mashburn for a few years now. This is just my latest brainchild of a perfect western hunting rifle. I don't think it's ever been hunted east, not that it couldn't, but my little P64 270 usually gets that duty.

Checked it at 200 and 400 yesterday and it seems to be shooting well. I believe this one is ready for the upcoming fall.

Thanks Jim. I am pretty happy with it so far. Not sure if the scope will stay on top but the rifle plain shoots like crazy.

Looking good Scotty.
If you were holding on center for the 400yd group that thing is fairly flat shooting.

Very nice Scotty. You have your rifle and load singing. No doubt the elk are in deep dark trouble.

JD338

truck driver":1r1vrqtk said:
Looking good Scotty.
If you were holding on center for the 400yd group that thing is fairly flat shooting.
That's what it appears to be to me Roger.
Hold on for to 450 yards and it's a dead bull elk!

JD338

it's really fun when you're working with a rifle that just wants to shoot . one that shoots nothing bad , everything is good enough to great .

jimbires":xpqa4jui said:
it's really fun when you're working with a rifle that just wants to shoot . one that shoots nothing bad , everything is good enough to great .

You aren’t kidding Jim. I’m kinda flailing finding a scope I like but I’m getting closer.

Back