Recall notice for Unique powders & notice for RL22

Mark

Beginner
Sep 10, 2006
Alliant website showed a recall notice for Unique powders: LOT #'s are:
850,859,861,868,872,876,890,898,and 907

RL22 notice for LOT # 25083
Go on Alliant website on front home page. Just a thought if you guys wanna know. I got to check mine.
Mark

Man! Alliant has been doing the pooch lately with all these recalls! :evil:

The recall is over at least 1 year old. I had 2 cans of the R22 lot they list and was over half way through the first one when the recall came out. The powder was a bit faster then it should have been, closer to R19 but I was in the process of working up loads for a 260 Rem with it and hadn`t come up to book max yet when I stopped adding powder. The company replaced the powder when I called and told me to dump it (the bad lot) but I finished it off useing it in the same loads as I had worked up prior to knowing it was not to spec. Probably not the smartest thing I`ve ever done but I treated it as R19 and got by fine.
I hope they`ve got all the bad stuff out of circulation by now. Someone that replaced a old can of powder with one of these and jumped right into their old max load could have big problems.

This explains much! Just yesterday I loaded some .280 rounds with RL22 that's been in the powder cabinet for a while and had a VERY sticky bolt after firing the first round...so I pulled the rest of the rounds. Turns out it was the recalled lot....thanks for posting the info.

Back