Redfield Glass

ScreaminEagle

Handloader
Jan 20, 2011
So far my experience with the new Redfield glass has been their 3-9x50mm with 4-plex reticle, 4-12x40mm 4-plex reticle, and their 20-60x60mm rampage spotting scope. I gotta tell ya, they are great pieces of glass for the money. First off, the scopes are very clear and have a great amount of eye relief. Also, the adjustment knobs are dead on. When sighting in my 280 the group was 2" off. I turned the knob exactly 8 clicks and bang dead center. I have paid twice the amount for scopes that didn't track like that. I wanted to see how strong the scope was before I took it to the field, so I smacked it a couple times with a plastic mallet and shot it again. Dead center! Add Talley mounts to the Redfield scope and you have a great combo. After I fell in love with the scopes I ordered the Rampage spotting scope. This too is a great piece of glass. Crystal clear and easy to focus. Order the rampage kit and you get a tripod and carry case. Bottom line if you hate to drop 500+ dollars on a scope , but still want quality, try Redfield.

Great review SE. I am still waiting for the chance to try out a Redfield, but in all the uses and others reviews, I can't see going wrong with one of them. My buddies 3x9 tracked the same and man, they look pretty good too. Redfield is a traditional name around my family, glad they are keeping the name alive. Scotty

Back