Reloading Bench Repair

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
My press kept working loose due to the soft wood the bench was made out of so I had some free time today and decided to remount the press.
I had a piece of Aluminum plate that was wider then the press base so I cut a piece that would over lap and was longer to go under the press. Since the mounting bolts nuts and washers where digging into the wood allowing the press to flex I also cut 2 pieces of 1 1/2" Aluminum angle 4" long to go underneath the bench to keep the nuts from digging in and flexing.
The press doesn't flex after I tightened everything down so I should be good to go now.

Attachments

• KIMG0297.jpg
    KIMG0297.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 387
  • KIMG0298.jpg
    KIMG0298.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 387
I had the same problem. Mounted the press on some scrap oak and that did the job. That said, I bought a new top for my bench and have to mount them again. I have more presses than space, so have to think quick change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 1 press and 2 Dillons mounted on that bench and have a drafting layout table with 2 more reloading machines on that plus a bullet lubersizer. Yeah I'm reloading equipment poor. This bench has been in use for 33yrs.

Back