Remington American Wilderness Rifle

A

Anonymous

Has anyone checked out one of the new Remington American Wilderness Rifles....just looking at the catalog it seems to have all the right attributes for a serious hunting rifle at a price that doesn't seem unreasonable.

I haven't had a 700 in a few years now. Seems like it's a bolt on a scope and go kind of proposition.

I don't particularly look for Remington's but that one seems like that to me as well. Those old Remington KS's were some great rifles in my opinion. Seems like the AWR is right there. It's good to see Remington back in the mix.

Seems to be a rifle made to perform, and at a reasonable price. If it shoots as well as many of the Model 700's that I have owned over the years, I believe that you are going to be very happy with it!

What caliber were thinking of getting it in?

And scope to mount on it?

I thought the same thing a great looking Rifle with about everything one would need. With a bedding job, lighten the trigger pull just a little, a Leupold VX 3i 3.5x10 40mm CDS. Leupold Dual Dovetail mounts, Burris Signature Rings with 10-15 MOA adjustment. In 7mm Rem Mag. This could be my one big game rifle.

I was thinking a 7 mag... don't have one, never really had a lot of interest but I could certainly do a lot of hunting up here with one.

I'm beginning to think that the 270 and the 7mm might be the best caribou rounds going.

hodgeman":3vt4difp said:
I was thinking a 7 mag... don't have one, never really had a lot of interest but I could certainly do a lot of hunting up here with one.

I'm beginning to think that the 270 and the 7mm might be the best caribou rounds going.

Hard to beat those two for a bunch of stuff...

Back