Removing primers

DaveA37

Beginner
Jan 2, 2010
I got "lucky" and scored several thousand .40 cal once fired brass, all in excellent shape. So far three, 3# coffee cans full have been cleaned but not de-primed with many more empty cases to be cleaned. With my 3 piece die set, de-priming one case at a time should take me well into the winter and perhaps closer to spring. There has got to be a much faster way.

Is there anyone out there that provides a de-priming service, someone with an automated system? Got any suggestions, short of purchasing a system myself and having to start another business? :lol:

If you are going to load that many on a regular basis get a progressive press. Think Dillon.Rick.

The Square deal from dillon is just that. A pretty good deal. Its on my list. Pistol rounds with a single stage sucks...

I have the Hornady LNLAP.. Works real good, 400.00 and a bunch of free bullets when you buy one..

Is there anyone out there that provides a de-priming service, someone with an automated system? Got any suggestions, short of purchasing a system myself and having to start another business?

Perhaps you missed the point of my question so let me try again. :grin:

I DO have the option of purchsing a complete new reloading system but not really interested in doing so at this time. Loading up a few hundred rounds, one at a time is fine for my current method. It is the depriming that I am interested in finding a "service" that can/will do that for me. :?:

Under stand your question but here is my answer.

Just tumble them and then store them clean. Now just reload as you need to problem solved.

If you even read any of my posts I refuse to size any drity brass and find it a plus to size/decap brass that is clean.

Its nice to clean brass as soon as posible then store it for future use. So as for as a decaping service why, its seems mute to me. Now if you want an industrilize brass cleaning service I could see a need for that.

It doesn't take that long. I spend a few weeks in January loading 15-20k 40, 9, and 45s.

Pick up a universal decap die if all you want is to deprime them.

Tjen..."Just tumble them and then store them clean. Now just reload as you need to problem solved."

Yes, that certainly would work assuming one only wants a FEW (a couple hundred) rounds at a time. I would like to load more than that at one time, hence my inquiry. I MAY purchase a progressive system and get it over with.

OK I am lost.

I under stand the high out put of the progesive press. I used to load on a RCBS 4x4 for my pistol, and the only draw back was the primer pockets did not get cleaned. Did not matter for pistol cartridges or any high volume shooting like a 223rem in an AR.

The decaping is done with the sizing die when you size the brass so no time savings there. And this is where you lost me.

For what you would have to pay to ship the brass to someone to decap and clean you could buy a Dillon Square Deal for each pistol caliber you reload for and not have to change dies and if that's not fast enough for you you could buy a Dillon 1050 and go into business for yourself.
There is a fellow in Boring Maryland that runs a commercial reloading business I think it's called NSK ran by Neil Kravitz, the phone number is ( 410-833-2100 ).
Good luck with what ever you decide on doing.

I would do it for you. I have a progressive press that is not getting any use right now. I just loaded up all of my 3000 40 s&w brass.

Back