Reticle alignment tool introduced...

GF1

Beginner
May 17, 2011
All, Jerry Schmidt of Montana has designed and built a wonderfully simple and effective tool, Reticle-Tru, for getting reticles aligned on rifles. No bubble levels, these are aligned with the rifle and mounts, making it easy to get the vertical crosshair plumb with the rifle.

I've been testing the tool, no financial interest at all, and checked all my rifles (that I thought were true). Two thirds of them were not true, and the tool very quickly let me get them right with no guess work.

They are not being distributed yet, but I sure recommend them. I just wish these had been around 35 or 40 years ago. Incidentally, Jerry also makes a terrific scope ring alignment bar for use on Leupold type rings; it's also described on the website below.

Here's a link to Jerry's website for these tools:

http://parabola-llc.com/

That will be a welcome addition to every shoter!
Any details yet on the price and where we can order?
Any chance of a group buy for the fellas here at noslerreloading?

JD338

Fascinating concept. Thanks for posting. It does look as if it is something that could be useful for gun cranks.

No word yet on how they will be marketed. It really is a slick tool, very precisely made and simple to use. Will pass additional info as Jerry moves the project into production.

GF1":2q4j1qlg said:
No word yet on how they will be marketed. It really is a slick tool, very precisely made and simple to use. Will pass additional info as Jerry moves the project into production.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

JD338

Thanks for letting us know,please keep us informed as it looks to be relatively simple to do do :wink:

Blessings,
Dan

Forgive me for saying so...but...

I'll be damned...I've been aligning scopes that way for years, using a "doodad" I made back in high school shop class (not identical, but close....the same concept)

I never considered a patent...LOL...story of my life...a day late and a dollar short.

FOTIS":2fn2dlvu said:
Price anyone?

No word on price yet, but he's working through production, refining cost data, etc.

I might add that this isn't cheap plastic, it's Delrin, a superb and very hard material. The workmanship is tremendous - precise, sharp, no burrs, etc.

Back