RL 26 Discontinued?????

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
I hope not but I just got this from Midway USA

We're Sorry
The item you've been waiting for has been discontinued and is no longer available for purchase.

Alliant Reloder 26 Smokeless Gun Powder 1 lb
$67.99

Me too.... If that's the case when I run out of 26 I got to rework loads with either ramshot Magnum or grand

All Reloder powders are suspended for commercial use.
All of Alliant's production is being used for government contracts. Even the OEM companies can't get them, which is why Hornady had their recent 7PRC speed snafu.

Great!!!! Jeez. I am glad I am transitioning to RS.

It could be that since a production ship date can't be given, Midway has chosen the discontinued path for their customers.
Meanwhile, back at the reloading bench, finding alternative powders that are readily available would be a good idea.

JD338

Dang there goes my Bullseye powder load for my .45acp out the window. Between Israel and Ukraine, they are eating up all the powder production and primers for the reloading consumer market.

Damn, that is not good news, I will have to switch to other alternative powders, and use Hodgdon that I have been using since I started reloading. IMR 4831, 7828 and 4350 are good powders and I like to try RamShot powders one of these days. I see that some folks here are happy with RamShot. Hopefully Alliant comes back soon.

If Norma would start importing their powders again they are very close to the same as the reloader powders.

I'm not to hurt over Reloder 26 since I have not committed any rifles to that powder, but I just got the same notification on Re 22.

Vista announced a few months back that Alliant was suspending canister production until further notice. I was surprised to see various types popping up in the months that followed but guess they were already in route was the announcement was made. That supply is probably drying up now so the real hole in the supply is going to show itself.

I still have a decent supply of RL-26 yet. The stuff is the easy button in my 416 & 460 Wby to achieve maximum performance. Also a hit in the 7mm RM , 300 & 340 Wby and the list can go on.
I do have a bucket of N560 for back-up.

I never got into the unicorn dust myself but if you did, I hope you stacked it deep! I did run through a pound of RL16 which I found to be fairly decent. I won’t be losing any sleep over the situation though….

Back