Think I killed my last RL 26

Sweet! Never crossed my mind to try it in the 280AI. I have several pounds of it, and Ramshot stuff is easy to snatch up right now. Might be really good with the 160+ weight bullets.
If you can find some 160 gr BT and 160 gr AB, you're covered for anything you would hunt with the 280 AI.

JD338

If you can find some 160 gr BT and 160 gr AB, you're covered for anything you would hunt with the 280 AI.

JD338
Fore sure would cover most anything. Right now all I have in that weight class in .284 is 160 grand-slams, and 162 SST's..And a long forgotten stash of 150 scirocco II's...Any would be dandy for whitetail, hog and black bear. My "flavor of the month" right now is the 143 Hammer Hunter, that's what I plan on using this season.

I have been using alot of Magnum myself lately. Seems to work great in similar cartridges I'd use 26 in.
I might have to give it a try in the 30 Nosler.

JD338
I have been using alot of Magnum myself lately. Seems to work great in similar cartridges I'd use 26 in.
I might have to give it a try in the 30 Nosler.

JD338

I opened up my last lb of RL-26 to make some test rounds for the 280 AI. When I finished there was about 1 cup of powder left in the powder measure, I grabbed the funnel and dumped it back in it’s original bottle. About the time the last few grains drained out, it hit me I used the wrong funnel. I have 2 funnels , a white and a red. Red is for powder, white for whatever. I had earlier used the white funnel to pour eliminator bore cleaner from the big bottle to a small one for the bench. Although it was a very thin film in the funnel, my guess is the whole pound, except for the 10 rounds I made up, is now contaminated. Ugh, I knew better and usually the funnel would have been cleaned and put away before i started working with powder.
Now that sucks. I think you might be in luck with your powder. If the funnel was still wet from the Boretech the powder would have stuck to it. If it poured on through I think you’re good to go.

Now that sucks. I think you might be in luck with your powder. If the funnel was still wet from the Boretech the powder would have stuck to it. If it poured on through I think you’re good to go.
Some powder stuck to the walls of the funnel, enough to coat probably 60% of the funnel. Not 60% total volume of the funnel, but 60% of the surface of the wall.

Back