Ruger American ...now in magnum cartridges

A

Anonymous

Got an email from Ruger... The American is now available in 7RM and 300WM with 24" barrels.

Interesting.

I'm a bit skeptical about having that bedding system in the magnums. It kind of acts as the recoil lug, if you've ever seen one with the stock off.

I'm sure it's fine.

They are also now offering a Vortex scope package, which I think is pretty cool. Not that I'm generally into package deals, but that one isn't bad.

I'm not crazy about the bedding system on them... Oh it works fine... But much like multiple bolt lugs, getting them all to make even contact takes some doing.

For what it is.... I like the American.

What it is, to me? Inexpensive, functional, American made, and a good starter rifle.

I'm skeptical about not just the bedding, but the stock design as well. Some 300WM loads are pretty stout.

I've got two of these now and I like them for what they are- an American made gun that shoots good and didn't break the bank. Not sure I'd like one in magnums.

hodgeman":2dpsir2c said:
I'm skeptical about not just the bedding, but the stock design as well. Some 300WM loads are pretty stout.

I've got two of these now and I like them for what they are- an American made gun that shoots good and didn't break the bank. Not sure I'd like one in magnums.

Same here. They are super in the little guys though.

Little brother has a 270 and I have a 223. Both shoot very well and didn't take much to get bug holes out of.

I'm sure they will handle the magnums. Good to see Ruger offer more chamberings and appeal to the American shooter.

JD338

Back