Ruger Single-Six cylinder

fwood

Beginner
Jul 15, 2011
I just came into a Ruger Single Six cylinder 22 cal, it is blue, and brand new in the box. I am guessing it is 15 or more years old. Does anyone know what it might be worth? If anything.

Jon

Jon, have you looked on gunbroker? I do not know if there are any listed there now but might be worth a look see..

I bought one for my Dad about ten years ago for a Christmas present . this one has about a 6inch bbl , adjustable sights , and 2 cylinders . one cylinder for short, long, long rifle . the other was for 22 mag . it is blued with wood grips . I think I paid right around $300 - $350 , it was new .

I just have the cylinder not the gun. It was in a box I was going threw.

Jon

They are fitted to each gun so in order to sell it you'll need the total length of the cylinder. Also it should have three numbers scribed onto the end, that is the last three numbers of the original gun's serial number.

If it is the .22 WMR cylinder that is worth more than the .22LR cylinder. Check on rugerforum.com for current values, I think they are about $50.

I have one too- .22 mag from my single six that I traded some 14 years ago. A local guy tried to see if it would fit his, and I cant remember if the smith just never looked at it or there was some other issue, though I'm leaning towards them recommending the pistol and cylinder be sent to ruger for fitting, but I heard they don't fit used cylinders, they'd sell you a new one instead.

For that reason and experience, I agree with Wincheringen.

Many will drop in and fit fine. You have to measure if it will fit any particular frame. If it is longer it can be fitted. If it's too short it's easier to keep looking. Ruger won't fit a non original cylinder. Rugerforum.com is the site you want for value and likely buyers.

it would need the timing checked to be sure the cylinder lines up with the barrel .

Back