Said I was done buying.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
And I have been, got plenty and don't need anything bad enough to pay current prices, might pick up a 1 lb can of Varget if the mood strikes me, but other than that I've been sitting out.

Same shop that was a great benefit to me last yr on primers from their previous stash, called me today letting me know they got Remington Large Rife in and said for right now they are reserved for people on the list. Didn't know I was on a list, but okay good. At $64 the price is for sure up, but of course no shipping or hazmat.

At today's prices and still climbing, it's like telling a local gas station "no I don't want to buy any $2.50 gas." I told them to put a brick back for me.

AT that price, you can't afford NOT to buy....
I am not buying anything anymore either, but I would at $64

Yep. I'm not turning around and selling primers on GB, or even private and making money for that matter. I don't need them, but with no window open in the immediate future for better times, I'd rather have extra primers in my possession.

If it gets super bad, I'll have primers for the good guys I know. If not, it's going to be a long time until the average price is back down to $64, so no harm no foul on the price. I'll likely buy another next month at $64 if they're still offering.

They keep their primer inventory close to the vest for whatever reason.......you don't have cases of primers still on a pallet just last yr. by advertising they have them to anybody and everybody. Works out for me, I'll try to return the blessing if times call to do so.

Supplies have certainly been picking up and "inventory" appears on shelves here & there. My guess is that when the hunting season passes and winter arrives, shooting will slow down enough to allow a noticeable uptick in available components. The law of supply & demand works both ways and we should see prices reversing as inventories grow.

Or ......... maybe that's just wishful thinking. LOL

Wish I had access to a store like this. The ones I check rarely get large rifle primers and then only selling one or two hundred at a time for 12-16.00 dollars per hundred. No thanks. My son and I ordered some we saw available off website just to replace what we have been using. Not cheap but better than what's been local. Dan.

Wish I had access to a store like this. The ones I check rarely get large rifle primers and then only selling one or two hundred at a time for 12-16.00 dollars per hundred. No thanks. My son and I ordered some we saw available off website just to replace what we have been using. Not cheap but better than what's been local. Dan.

Don't feel bad. There's 8 shops that I'd call local, that I do business with in 1 form or another. None of the other shops still have primers 2 yrs later, and when they do, like you stated, they dribble in and are priced expensive and limited by the pack.

All of what I see so far, is why I haven't turned down a brick anytime this shop has called. They don't advertise they had, or have primers, and don't put them out on display. Don't know all their reasons, but I suspect it has to do with making sure the primers stay channeled to the local guys of their choosing as much as possible. I do know I appreciate it.

I had two LGS plus a big box store that used to carry primers/powders. I have only seen primers at one small LGS in the last two years. When he gets them he sends an email out, and only allows 100 primers/customer/day. Then he decided you could only buy primers if you bought other items as well. I understand his point. Needless to say, I have not bought any in two years. I have enough for me needs. If sanity returns, I will buy, if not, I'll ride my motorcycle instead.
I let those who want them more than I do have them.

I had two LGS plus a big box store that used to carry primers/powders. I have only seen primers at one small LGS in the last two years. When he gets them he sends an email out, and only allows 100 primers/customer/day. Then he decided you could only buy primers if you bought other items as well. I understand his point. Needless to say, I have not bought any in two years. I have enough for me needs. If sanity returns, I will buy, if not, I'll ride my motorcycle instead.
I let those who want them more than I do have them.
Know how you feel, that's why I'm not buying. Have enough and don't need anything at current prices. But bricks of primers currently available local at $64 doesn't fall into that category. Ha. They don't eat anything or cost any upkeep. Might as well be sleeping here than be shipped around somewhere on GB.

Yeah same for me you’d waste a lot of gas for 200 primers for $24. Me and 3 guys at the range usually order 2 bricks (the limit most online stores impose) when I get an alert they’re in stock and split the hazmat and divide the primers between the 4. Usually end up with 500 each for what used to get you 2k, but tough times require adjustments.

Yeah same for me you’d waste a lot of gas for 200 primers for $24. Me and 3 guys at the range usually order 2 bricks (the limit most online stores impose) when I get an alert they’re in stock and split the hazmat and divide the primers between the 4. Usually end up with 500 each for what used to get you 2k, but tough times require adjustments.

Maddening. Don't know what else to say. No call for any of it, but while we have an imposter resident in the White House, we will all have to toughen up on a lot of things. Country is a complicated chess board, and we have a guy reading "end of quote, repeat the line," supposedly running things.

We'll get it back, be a while yet.

Maddening. Don't know what else to say. No call for any of it, but while we have an imposter resident in the White House, we will all have to toughen up on a lot of things. Country is a complicated chess board, and we have a guy reading "end of quote, repeat the line," supposedly running things.

We'll get it back, be a while yet.
Lately his own party and the media have stopped covering up for him, and candidate’s in tight races don’t want him stumping for them, they realize if they are to have a snowballs chance, they need to distance themselves from him…I would absolutely “tolerate” an old school, rule from the middle, democrat in the white house, sadly, beside Joe Manchin from WV, there’s not a democrat left I remotely trust.

well done. Prices are unlikely to come down significantly for the next couple of years at least in my opinion, so in the medium term, the best time to buy is when you have the money in your pocket

well done. Prices are unlikely to come down significantly for the next couple of years at least in my opinion, so in the medium term, the best time to buy is when you have the money in your pocket

During the bulk of the Obama yrs I was largely absent from reloading and acquiring any firearms as I had been in my earlier years. So I didn't experience the shortage or learn from it. Besides 22, and when that became available again, I made sure I had enough this go around.

By the time this noticeable crunch arrived in 2020 that just got worse from there, I had made sure I was well prepared on all components........but I missed the primer crisis. They make them by the millions, so I thought? Brass, powder, etc was what was important to me.

I had more than some, but not enough to keep going if I couldn't buy anymore. Made a commitment when they became available again at reasonable prices, not GB or online prices, I would never again be in the position to worry about being shorthanded, ever. I did not expect to fulfil that commitment during the hardest times to find them, but that's how it has worked out.

So yep. Joe Biden is worth something I guess, as he put me in a predicament I learned from. If a single local source is gonna keep feeding them to me at below market price, Ima keep buying for now.

I don't know, but when this is over it sure would be nice if somebody figured out how to spread out supplies to everybody. I got info I maybe shouldn't know but I do, and wont put it on here because it would likely just piss you off. But something is seriously wrong with the distribution mechanisms of reloading supplies.

Don't know if anyone saw it. Natchez's website says anything with a hazmat fee you have to provide a government issued photo id.

I sure would be buying at that price.

I got 2. I didn't ask for extra, wouldn't do that, but he offered me a second brick while I was there if I wanted it. While I'm there? Yep. Saved me a trip for the same brick at another time.

Back