Sample Pack of bullets (Box of chocolates)

mj30wilson

Beginner
May 20, 2006
Anyone at Nosler ever think of putting out a sample pack of bullets.
I.E. 10 AccuBond
10 Partition
10 Balistic tip
10 Custom compitition
10 solid base
50 total bullets

All in one box so we could sample a little of everything without buying 50 of each. Shoot a couple groups with each type and then choose what works best with your gun. I think more people would venture into someting like this due to all the experimentation that reloaders do. This may even open the eyes of others who do not buy other types of bullets due to price of buying 50, then if they don't like them their stuck with 30-40 left over bullets. When they find the bullets that they like they buy more of that type of bullet and with having tried other types they can compare accuracy and/or penetration,expansion,weight retention and overall effectiveness of each bullet.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?[/u]

jiggs":156nastl said:
great Idea what calibers thou

That's easy, I'd start with sample packs for the 270, 7MM, and 30 calibers.

If these go over well, add more calibers to the list.

Great idea. In fact, I will volunteer to go count em out. :roll: One for you and two for me . . . one for you and three for me . . . :wink:

Actually, I think people would find it much more usefull than the sample powder packs that appeared (and shortly after disappeared). But I do wonder how the boxes/bags are packaged, by hand or machine.

Long

I would buy it. Just bought 50 Partitions that I will never use.

Nosler offers their "Test the Best" for varmint hunters.
Should offer the same 10 pc pkg for the big game hunter as well.
Offer in all the calibers, bullet styles and weights.

JD338

I do not know why we do not offer a pack like that. We are currently doing that same idea with our muzzloading bullets. If I had to guess, I would say that we see an offering like that. We appreciate the offer from Longwinters, but I do not think we will take him up on it.

I don't think 10 bullets would tell me much. It takes nearly 50 bullets for me to work up a load. I guess I'm doing something wrong.

Yes this would rock!

I like the idea!

I am very hesitant to spend the premium dollars on 'test' bullets to find out they don't work.

I'd even be up for 25 of 2 different kinds!

I'm with Camo Wildcat on this, it takes me a lot of bullets to work up a load. I don't believe I have ever talked with anyone about this but I go in 1/2 grain incriments until I get a decent group & then I fine tune it with 1/10 grain incriments from there. How about you guys ? Not to mention that I might do this with 3 or 4 different powders.

CamoWildcat":20j4qs0x said:
I don't think 10 bullets would tell me much. It takes nearly 50 bullets for me to work up a load. I guess I'm doing something wrong.
Same here, it takes me a lot of bullets, powder & time to work up a load.

I do this, but for magnum turkey shotshells.
UPS to the west coast is a killer, but not too bad if you buddy up for a couple of boxes.
Can I plug a website without getting zapped? <www.kensloads.com>

Back