SampleList has Minox's on sale

tddeangelo

Handloader
May 18, 2011
They have Demo A's of several popular Minox scopes, including the 3-9x40 with duplex or BDC, some 2-10 varieties, and others. Pricing rivals what CLNY was selling them for a bit ago.

Just an fyi for those in the market....

Wow. Stellar deal on the 3-9x40. Wish I had the cash right now...I could slap one of those on my 30-06 and it would be perfect. Of course, the Bushnell Elite 3200 on there does fine and lets me see well past legal shooting hours anyway, but the Minox would be even better!

I know 2 of the 3-9's with duplex reticles are accounted for....I grabbed one and so did my father. My 257 Roberts had to give up its 3-9 for it's older cousin the pre-64 30-06 I just got. Now things can be made right again for the Bob. For about $215 I have a 3-9x40 duplex shipped and insured. That's tough to beat.

I was just looking at my ZA5, 2-10x40 Minox scope today and comparing it to the Swarovski, Zeiss Diavari and Kahles scopes that I have on some rifles. The ZA5 is a nice functional and well performing scope for my Model 70, .30-06, Grade II, Model 70. The Minox holds up pretty well in that company of scopes. Nothing to be ashamed of certainly.

Yeah, you aren't kidding Charlie. That is why it makes it so hard to pass a 2-10 for 250.00 bucks! I am completely happy with all of my Minox's and will be adding more as time goes on.

And were I below the line, I'd be all over that like a chicken on a June bug. I'm in the market for another scope right now, and I'd grab it.

Dang, Mike, that stinks you can't take advantage of that.

My wife is away with friends for the weekend. I'll catch a little flak when she gets home, but I wasn't gonna scope that Bob any cheaper than $215 and have such good optics. That price aligns with the prices Cabela's has on Leupold Rifleman an VX1 scopes, but the Minox, I think, outperforms the VX3. Pretty hard to beat.

The Bob has Warne rings and a Leup 1.5-5 scope of some very old (relatively old) vintage. Can't be much newer than 1980 or so....old enough to have friction adjustments and optics I really don't like when I go to the range. I think I'm going to get it a set of Leupold PRW's and mount up that ZA-3 and that will be one happy rifle.

My dad's off looking at an Encore in 270.....maybe he'll bring it home, I don't know. If he does, the Minox he ordered will serve it well.

I know you can't beat the Minox's comparing price and capability to the VX3's. I can't say enough good about them. Wished they would put the darned 1.5x8 down in the lower prices. That is the one I have been waiting to come down for quite awhile.

I have seen it Dub, but I think it'll go on sale later one for even better later in the year.

I bought my first 2-10 at 399 or something, a week after I ordered, they dropped them a 100 bucks. I was bent, but I wanted it and I am not too mad about it as the 2-10 is my favorite scope I own.

Scotty, I thought about a 2-10, but I couldn't convince myself it was worth $50, lol. To me, anyway...others will value that more or less than I do. :)

Tom,

I somehow manage, though it costs a bit more this side of the line.

tddeangelo":2rui1mbk said:
Scotty, I thought about a 2-10, but I couldn't convince myself it was worth $50, lol. To me, anyway...others will value that more or less than I do. :)

Good point. I think they are all pretty nice and I like the little extra it gives. Not sure where this 2-10 will go?

I took a little time to review the Sample List before turning in a few hours ago. I have to admit that those are some phenomenal prices. I assure you that I'll be out quite a bit more after I purchase my next scope.

They have some good deals on used scopes. I have looked at the Leupold 1.5x5 a bunch for the 45-70. It is kind of a toss up between that one and the 1.5x8 Minox. If the price would ever drop a little for the Minox, they would make the choice a little easier for me.

The slightly extra power would make the choice for me; my aging eyes need all the help they can get. :shock:

Yeah, it doesn't hurt, that is for sure. Plus, I really enjoy the extra eye relief of the Minox. I still have a little time to decide for it though. It has a good set of peep sights on it now. Might just run it like that this year.

Back