Sask Boy's VX-R Mounted

DrMike

Ballistician
Nov 8, 2006
Here is a picture of Dan's VX-R after it was mounted.

It is on a BDL and mounted with Talleys.

Very nice indeed.
What caliber is that 700?

JD338

I believe that is Dan's .270 Winchester. Even if he can't make up his mind whether he is right-handed or left-handed, he at least picked a decent cartridge. :grin: (Zing! Your turn, Dan.)

Say it ain't so Dan, I thought you were one of us lefties ;) nice looking 700 you have there :)

gerry":36kp8384 said:
Say it ain't so Dan, I thought you were one of us lefties ;) nice looking 700 you have there :)

Rub it in, Gerry! :grin:

Don't worry fellow lefties 8) that is my Son's rifle!! Mine is on the proper side & is a CDL. I have a VX-6 on mine :mrgreen:.

Blessings,
Dan

You had me scared that is a really nice gun even if it is put together all backwards :) What cal? I seem to remember there are some 270's and 7mm RM's your group has.

Nice looking rig, Dan! My Win Super Grade, 70 .270 Win now has the Zeiss Hd5, 3-15x42 scope on it and what a difference it makes in parallax at high power! The parallax/focus adjustment turret on this scope makes it easy to sight in and focus at any range with a dead sharp optic.

I hope that you like you new Leupold VX-R on your rifle as well. Good luck on your trip!

gerry my Son's BDL is a 270win. I had a opportunity to pick up a 7mm mag in a Sendero for well under a G note neither my son nor my one nephew who has the CDL. wanted to take a trade for their current rifles:).

Blessings,
Dan

Very nice Dan. What reticle? Does it have the CDS turret on it? Looks like a nice scope. Awesome looking combo right there.

Hi Scotty, he chose the firedot ballistic reticle. Mike advised that after using it for one hunt he believes it is much clearer that the Minox.

Blessings,
Dan

Hi Scotty, he chose the firedot ballistic reticle. Mike advised that after using it for one hunt he believes it is much clearer that the Minox.

Blessings,
Dan

Glad it's working well, they seem to have a lot of great features. Good to know they are good scopes, we will be needing a scope or 2 in the next year.

I had a long conversation with the Leupold reps the other day and one of the things he told me was that the VXRs have VXIII glass - equivalent to what's in the VX2s today. I really like the VXRs. I think a low power version would be great for a DG 375 rifle.
Scott

muleman":4fvbkd8v said:
I had a long conversation with the Leupold reps the other day and one of the things he told me was that the VXRs have VXIII glass - equivalent to what's in the VX2s today. I really like the VXRs. I think a low power version would be great for a DG 375 rifle.
Scott

They are on my list of scopes for the 35 Newton. I have one of them, and it is a nice piece of glass. Not sure if it's any better than about a dozen other scopes, but it seems well made and they are offered with a good selection of reticles.

Back