Sask Boy's VX-R Mounted

Been looking at all he different illuminated models lately and the VX-R seems to be one of the best. I like the 4-12x40 but am a bit concerned it doesn't have an adjustable objective, I thought I had read when you get much over 10X is a good idea to have. The Ballistic fire dot reticle seems to be a good one to have on a deer/varmint gun. I like the 3-9x40 but the 4-12x40 might be a bit better for my purposes, the fire dot would be great for deer at last light.

gerry":2vf59w1e said:
Been looking at all he different illuminated models lately and the VX-R seems to be one of the best. I like the 4-12x40 but am a bit concerned it doesn't have an adjustable objective, I thought I had read when you get much over 10X is a good idea to have. The Ballistic fire dot reticle seems to be a good one to have on a deer/varmint gun. I like the 3-9x40 but the 4-12x40 might be a bit better for my purposes, the fire dot would be great for deer at last light.

Gerry,

I've always considered twelve power as the upper point where AO was mandated.

This and Scotty's post have gotten me pretty enamored on a VXR 1.25-4 with #4. As soon as I have the money, I will have one.

Back