Savage impulse rifle new

A couple of excellent cartridges are represented there. You're well equipped.

Hmmm... boy this could be the answer Ive been looking for as a larger rifle option for my daughters(left and right handed) if one were to get a moose tag, should be able to sell that reasoning to the wife. But a bit on the heavy side.

Interesting. I had a Browning Acera years ago. It was pretty slick, this looks somewhat similar.

The weak point of a straight pull is weak primary extraction, I'm interested to see how they handle that.

I was looking at this thing the other day. As a general concept, it seems like a practical way to increase a hunting rifles rate of fire, it just doesn't seem useful enough to have the added speed for most hunting scenarios to justify the extra cost. Large/Medium game usually are handled perfectly by bolt guns, so I guess the only things I feel it would serve me better for is coyote and boar. For those though, I will already have an AR. If the price came down (alot really) I think it could be interesting, but otherwise the fact that it is lefty friendly seems like it's only other major point to me. Still, I can't say I don't just like seeing new stuff show up in the firearms industry, so I hope it might be successful even if it doesn't suit me in particular.

We have a lot of straight pull rifles here.
Mostly they are said to have advantages for driven hunts, because the second shot might be a bit faster.
What I saw in real life: there are very fast shots with standard bolts. A practiced hunter with a classic bolt is very often faster than a normal hunter with a straight pull.
For myself: I practice reloading without taking the gun down and usually coming out of recoil and back on target takes longer than reloading.
Yeah. There might be a speed advantage.
But it is minor.
Btw: a semi-auto is even faster ;-)
But there were times when you had the chance to be sent home with a semi auto.
That's why we have those straight pulls...

Btw: in a video they say that they were inspired by European driven hunts.

If it makes sense for your hunting? Don't know.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

Back