Savage mod 12 BVSS 22-250, whos shooting it?

matts318

Beginner
Mar 4, 2007
We have just recently purchased a Savage Mod 12 BVSS in 22-250 and I was wondering if anybody here has it and how it shoots. And if so what loads have been shooting good out of it, I know this is a reloading question but Im just kinda curious about the rifle itself also.

anybody have any model 12 at all? somebody has to at least have a model 12 of some sort

I have a model 12FV in 204 Ruger. If you do a search for Savage Accuracy, you'll find a pic I posted of a 10 shot group at 100yrds.

I have a savage model 12 in .223 and it shoots
40 gr NBT into small little holes. You will find the savage
with the accutrigger to be an outstanding shooter for you. Even with various factory brands it will be minute
of gopher head for sure!

Yeah I figured it would be a good shooter, have heard nothing but good about the savage rifles, in about a month I plan on taking it back to school for rabbit and coyote and the occasional praire dog, I got a feeling the rabbit population is gonna suffer!

I have a Model 12 VLP in 204 Ruger. My 10 yr old grandaughter pretty much took it over. She rarely misses anything at any range.

I owned a Savage VSS in .22/250 for a while, the one with the Choate stock and Sharpshooter trigger as standard equipment. It was an extremely accurate rifle but I had real trouble coming to terms with the stock. The design, even though it was somewhat adjustable, just didn't suit me and I wasn't impressed with the quality of it either. Ended up selling it off and going to a custom .22/250 AI which shoots even better and the McMillan stock is probably what makes the difference - so much nicer to shoot.

Hello Matt, I own a Savage Model 12 Bvss with a 10-40x50 riflescope, I use the Hornady 50 grain Superformance rounds in it and I have been pegging Coyotes in the 200-400 yard area without any problems. the rifle has a 1 in 12 twist and the best rounds are between 50-65 grains. The Superformance rounds have a muzzle velocity of 4000fps the chronograph actually read an average of 4002fps. It is a great varmint gun and would not have any qualms about taking a deer with it. Great gun :grin:

Back