Scope for a Featherweight 270...for my wife

She got the Conquest today...she says its great, as clear and bright as my Vortex...her words, not mine, but it is a compliment coming from her...surprised me too...she does like my Vortex a lot though, first time she looked through it she said "WOW", lol....she does like the size of the Conquest better, its a little shorter and a little lighter, which is what I thought was the best idea on a Featherweight...she's excited, the rifle will be there tomorrow.

Ordered the Talley mounts today...along with 100 brass and 4 boxes of 130 grain Ballistic Tips (only had about 30 bullets left at home)

Thats everything...just need to get home and get it all setup!

EDIT: To clarify...I honestly expected her to tell me it was better than the Vortex...I took what she said as a big compliment to Vortex, maybe I just got a really good specimen...don't know, I'm just glad she likes her scope!

sask boy":3jdapcs5 said:
nvbroncrider, that is a great looking set up. I personally like the lowest possible set of mounts & rings that fit on the rifle in question :wink:. I have become real partial to Talley 1 piece rings.

Blessings,
Dan

Thanks Dan I appreciate it. That's as low as I can go and still operate the bolt. Same on my Swede FW. I really like the Talleys simple.

I thought I posted that too....but I don't see it.

Yes, nvbroncrider...that is a sweet rifle for sure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Ridgerunner665":nftdwmje said:
She got the Conquest today...she says its great, as clear and bright as my Vortex...her words, not mine, but it is a compliment coming from her...surprised me too...she does like my Vortex a lot though, first time she looked through it she said "WOW", lol....she does like the size of the Conquest better, its a little shorter and a little lighter, which is what I thought was the best idea on a Featherweight...she's excited, the rifle will be there tomorrow.

Ordered the Talley mounts today...along with 100 brass and 4 boxes of 130 grain Ballistic Tips (only had about 30 bullets left at home)

Thats everything...just need to get home and get it all setup!

EDIT: To clarify...I honestly expected her to tell me it was better than the Vortex...I took what she said as a big compliment to Vortex, maybe I just got a really good specimen...don't know, I'm just glad she likes her scope!

Just thinking, the 110 gr AccuBond should be a great low recoil bullet too and the 270 Win should be able to send them out at warp speed.

Yeah...it probably would...but she's not recoil shy...she shoots my 30-06 loaded with 168's @ 2,850 fps as good as I can...some says better than me.

She's been a shooter her whole life...but she only started hunting last year.

She killed her first deer this past season...small scrub buck, but it was a legal shooter and I wanted her to get the first one out of the way to build her confidence...he was at 345 yards, I told her it might be a little too far for her first try...I can't repeat what she replied to that on here, lol...but I told her the range and holdover, she fired, the deer dropped...couldn't have done it any better myself.

EDIT: Forgot I told that story in the opening post, lol...but I do enjoy telling it...I was/am proud of her.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Ridgerunner665":3ji6qnk8 said:
Oldtrader3":3ji6qnk8 said:
Max 12X? I have killed deer for 50 years with a 3.5x10 or 4x12. The 10x works fine for me out to 400 yards.

You must have some really good eyes... :) ....or some really big deer.

9x works for shooting the deer, heck...even 6x...but its counting/seeing horns that we need the magnification for.

We both wear prescription glasses...those make binoculars a hassle, heck...even spotting scopes are basically useless to me because of that.

I use my 10x42 Zeiss binoculars for horns and points. Even in the oak brush at 400 yards I seem to be able to pickup enough to count points. I do have some 14 and 15X scopes though and a 20X spotting scopes if I need them.

Back