Scope this for me PLZ!

CatskillCrawler":cp1glezq said:
I'd put that Minox ZA5 3-15x42 for $399 on it from that open box dealing optics store in Gotham City.

Camera land I assume?

Never even held a minox so very uninformed on the subject.

How does it compare to vx3 4.5x14x40mm?

I've been very impressed with mine, a ZA5 2-10x40 . I'm no optics expert but when I compare it to my friends Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40, my opinion as to which is better changes every time I compare them. The only VX-3 I've compared it to was 1.5-5x20 with a German #4 reticle on my uncle's Marlin Guide Gun. They were comparable in my eyes as far as clarity and eye strain. They have a lot of eye relief too. The only reason for me to blink on the 3-15x42 model is the lack of a side focus.

Here's an old review: http://opticsthoughts.com/index.php...n-the-us&catid=4:rifle-scope-reviews&Itemid=4

EDIT - fixed link

Fotis, I'm very favourably impressed with my 2-12 VX6. It is a sweet scope. Also, I do like the Z5 1.7-10 Swarovski.

As am I on the TGR 300 WSM. :p

2012-01-069507-47-4795578.jpg

Just can not afford another $800 scope right now. :mrgreen:

FOTIS":108a3grw said:
As am I on the TGR 300 WSM. :p

2012-01-069507-47-4795578.jpg

Just can not afford another $800 scope right now. :mrgreen:

Maybe you can sell a kidney on Ebay. I have considered it myself. :grin:
Brian

Nah! They will close the auction.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

We can sell our kidneys?

I know my dissection kit from anatomy class is around here somewhere!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

FOTIS":3nvai3t8 said:
CatskillCrawler":3nvai3t8 said:
I'd put that Minox ZA5 3-15x42 for $399 on it from that open box dealing optics store in Gotham City.

Camera land I assume?

Never even held a minox so very uninformed on the subject.

How does it compare to vx3 4.5x14x40mm?

No comparison Fotis. The Minox smokes it across the board buddy. I love Leupold but the Minox hammers it.

Camera land has Vortex's on sale..... Aint no Luey but they aint $800 either, and you can probably keep your kidneys..... :lol: CL

I would think you want a scope with adjustable parallax on something that can reach out like that caliber can...that would rule out the Minox.

A Leupold in 4.5X14 in a LR model would function well on it. Not sure on some of the other scopes that might fit in the price range you are looking.

OH one very interesting hindrance with the TGR-S.

I had one in the past. I mounted a 4.5x14x40mm LR 30mm with M1 dials.

After taking it to the range and firing it I discovered the following.

The angle path that the gun ejects the brass, coincides with the windage turret which results with the brass getting kicked right back in the gun perfectly!

Now that sucked!
So careful with the turrets

Fotis, not sure what they are running, but the 3x15-50mm Minox's have a paralax adjustment. I like the 3x15-42mm but without side focus, it is kind of a pain over about 12X. The glass is very nice though, alot of eye relief. Plus, that 30-378 would be a good test of the scope.

Thanx Scotty!

God I hate that 50mm!!!!!! :evil:

Back