Scope this for me PLZ!

FOTIS":2tao00qe said:
Thanx Scotty!

God I hate that 50mm!!!!!! :evil:

Yeah, I am not a fan of them either. It is one of the quirks with the Minox and the higher end Zeiss stuff that should be looked at. I bet there are a ton of hunters/shooters that would love that 3-15 Minox with the 42mm objective to have a parallax adjustment.

You can't beat the glass and the adjustments on the scopes, just not having the danged SF really kills them for me.

Scotty, is this where I again try to sell the Leupold VX6 and/or the Schmidt and Bender summit LOL

alaska100":224ibe7h said:
Scotty, is this where I again try to sell the Leupold VX6 and/or the Schmidt and Bender summit LOL

Yep, this is the spot!

I'd have a hard time not putting a 4.5x14x40 Leupold on it with a elevation turret. IMO the 40mm Leupold's are clearer than the 50mm's. I know my VariX 111 4.5x14x40 is considerably clearer than a friends 56mm version VX7. My 4x20 Minox is fuzzy around the edge of the glass where as the Leupold's I have are not. The 50mm is also a pain because you have to mount it higher to clear the barrel, at least with the heavier custom barrels I tend to use. I haven't used a Vortex so I can't comment on those but the 1/2 MOA elevation clicks would bother me if I wanted to shoot long range. At 1000yds that's about 5" per click.

Here is one for sale but it has both knobs
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/ ... ets-86372/

I have and use two 50mm scopes. I did not like the cheek weld height with the Leupold high rings and switched to TPS medium aluminum rings (also in steel), tactical (and Weaver) steel bases. These rings from the top of the base to the bottom of the scope groove are .283 inches. This has gotten my cheek weld back on these two rifle to a usable height.

These scopes are mounted on a 7mm Rem Mag Mauser custom and a .340 Weatherby Euromark, respectivley, both with full Monte Carlo combs. The scopes are: a Kahles 3.5-10x50mm and a Swarovski 4-12x50mm AH model. I really like the clarity, contrast and optics of these scopes and am glad that I could work out the mount and ring height issues to my satisfaction. They are my longer range rifles and I wanted good scopes on them.

Oldtrader3":eada6onk said:
I have and use two 50mm scopes. I did not like the cheek weld height with the Leupold high rings and switched to TPS medium aluminum rings (also in steel), tactical (and Weaver) steel bases. These rings from the top of the base to the bottom of the scope groove are .283 inches. This has gotten my cheek weld back on these two rifle to a usable height.

These scopes are mounted on a 7mm Rem Mag Mauser custom and a .340 Weatherby Euromark, respectivley, both with full Monte Carlo combs. The scopes are: a Kahles 3.5-10x50mm and a Swarovski 4-12x50mm AH model. I really like the clarity, contrast and optics of these scopes and am glad that I could work out the mount and ring height issues to my satisfaction. They are my longer range rifles and I wanted good scopes on them.

Was curious if your Kahles was a pre 1974, or after Swarovski bought them. I think that Swaro continued from 1974 to 1988 to operate both plants and market them separately and finally incorporated them into their market line of scopes. A family member has a pre 1974 and it still works just fine, nice and clear scope. It doesnt get out much anymore as other scopes have taken its place in the field, but it still works just fine.

I bought my Kahles new in 2002 from SWFA, so it definitely was one of the scopes made under the ownership of Swarovski. I also have a 3-9x42 Kahles which was bought about the same time, maybe 2001. They both are the American, 1 inch tubed models. I really like them both though and they are certainly quality optics for the price.

Back