settled on a node

TackDriver284

Handloader
Feb 13, 2016
I have always used 165-178 grain bullets and Varget for the .308 GAP and they shoot very well. I have taken some game with the Accubonds and ELD-X and clean kills. I am a big fan of Accubonds and Ballistic Tips. :grin: I found a nice deal on some Hornady 150 grain SST Interlocks last week, so I grabbed 2 boxes. Full sized bushed without the expander ball, and ran a mandrel .001" under bullet diameter and modest charges of H4895 from 44.5 grains in .3 increments to 45.5 grains, since I only had 12 cases left in that batch. Tried them out after cleaning the bore, and I could not be happier after seeing three in the bullseye. I was so excited and over confident that I could put the last one in the same hole but I screwed up when I touched the trigger too soon. :grin: For sure, I'll be using this load for deer season since H4895 is a very stable powder and its my first time using this powder and look forward to use it more often. Cheers

Also Hornady will not deter me from using Nosler bullets. I love Nosler and its my favorite when it comes to bullets. (y)

qnmunRz.jpg

zui6XHYl.jpg

Mark,

Nice shooting! Verify that load of 45.2 grs of H4895 and start counting down the days until the season opener.
Plenty of time to get some range time in and sharpen your knives.

JD338

That’s a great shooting rifle there. If you throw out the flier (which is an obvious anomaly) the other 11 rounds would be in a group that’s well under .75”... and probably closer to .5”. Seems like a very stable load. It’s really nice when that big a variance in powder charge all shoots well, and to the same POI.

George builds some fabulous rifles!

Nice shooting! You couldn't tighten that group up with a pipe wrench and a cheater bar.

just once, .... OK once more :), would I like to shoot groups like that. Very nice. CL

Back