Seven mauled in recent bear attacks!

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
If you haven't noticed in the news, it's been beary interesting out there lately:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/19/us/bear-attacks/

"Bears rarely attack humans unless they feel threatened or territorial. But a 12-year-old girl jogging in Michigan is among the latest victims in a spate of bear attacks that has left seven people mauled in five states since Thursday"

Michigan: 12 year old girl attacked by black bear while she was jogging

Alaska: Hunter mauled (I believe by a brown bear, not sure) was part of a guided hunt

Colorado: A bear clawed into a tent, and bit a camper on the arm. Black bear I believe.

Wyoming: Two hikers attacked by grizzly sow with cub. Attack broke off after hikers used bear spray.

Idaho: Two researchers attacked by grizzly. It broke off the attack after one of them used bear spray.

Just a head's up to everyone - be beary careful out there in the woods and carry your .44 bear spray! :grin:

Guy

Women are more vulnerable to unprovoked bear attacks than men, in general, and especially if it's that time of the month for the women. Big game kill sites create special vulnerability for any hunter, especially in areas where bears have become conditioned to hunters. Wolves have made bears more competitive, more aggressive, more territorial and hungrier.

Hunt in pairs in griz country. Be mentally prepared to use your rifle... BT

I have been wanting to try my Glock 20sf. 11 rounds of 220 grain hard cast from Buffalo Bore at 1200 fps ought to be the ticket.

Back