Sightron SIII 6-24X50 LRMOA

Desert Fox

Handloader
Aug 14, 2006
I heard a lot of good things about this scope. I went ahead and bought one for my 6BR. Just got it today and spend a few hours fondling it. I did a side by side comparison with my other scopes (Nightforce NSX, Leupold MK-4, Nikon Tactical, and IOR Valdada) I'd say Sightron Glass is on par with NXS. A tad better than MK-4 and IOR is still supreme. With that said however, for half the price of an NXS, I'd say it's a winner. Now off to the range tomorrow and see if the 6BR and the Sightron were made for each other.

Several guys I shoot with have gone the Sightron route. From looking through their scopes, I would say their glass is as good as NF as well. The mechanics for dialing seem to hold up well and perform consistently. The total package looks really good! I have never looked to see what reticle options they offer. Did you get one that gives you options for hold-overs if you don't want to dial?

I pulled the trigger on a rifle scoped with a Sightron a couple of weeks past. It was a fine scope. I was pleased to note that it appeared to live up to expectations.

Looks to be a very robust scope and a lot of bang for the buck.

JD338

I have the LRMOA with 1/4 MOA per click dial on both elevation and windage. It is similar to an MP-8 on my IOR. The click has a solid and positive feel to it and indexes precisely with the graduation on the dial. The scope has a maximum elevation travel of 100 MOA, which is pretty substantial for long range shooting. Sightron expanded their reticle choices on their SIII series. You can also order turret through their custom shop that can be tailored to your cartridge ballistic.

I will do a box test when I get a chance to check the scope tracking. So far it appears that I made the right choice in going this route.

You can view the reticle spec here.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... Aw&dur=594

I passed on a 16x40 Sightron SIII about a month ago for less than $400. I think that I missed a bargain! Nice scope BTW!

Went to the range this morning and put a couple of rounds downrange.The rifle and the scope were performing well except me. I shoot crappy today. I really like the scope.

This is the best I can do with 105 Berger VLD. 6 shot @100 meter. Average velocity is 2890 FPS.

Still very nice, Rommel. You may not have felt up to your usual self, but I know plenty of people who can't do as well as twenty-five yards! Quite enviable.

DF -
What was the load? I settled on 105 Scenars instead of the VLD due to being able to find a box of 1000 at Powder Valley. Both shot equally well. My velocities with 30.7 grains of Varget is only 2810 average, ES of 8. This is at a temperature of 38 degrees :x .

I was shooting with a guy who just got a Farley rest...big mistake, now my Sinclair rest doesn't seem very nice.

Why not get a Seb :twisted:

I'm shooting both Hornady A-Max and Berger Match VLD 105. Both shoot equally well. I will settle on 29.8 grain Varget at 2890fps. I just received my Wilson dies. I already neck turned 50 brass and neck sized them using Wilson die and .266" bushing. This will give me .003" neck tension. My ES average 11.5. I'm using Federal 205 Match Primer.

Desert Fox":jv4n3e4b said:
Why not get a Seb :twisted:

I'm shooting both Hornady A-Max and Berger Match VLD 105. Both shoot equally well. I will settle on 29.8 grain Varget at 2890fps. I just received my Wilson dies. I already neck turned 50 brass and neck sized them using Wilson die and .266" bushing. This will give me .003" neck tension. My ES average 11.5. I'm using Federal 205 Match Primer.

To answer your question on the SEB...I'm not sure it is any better and hear there is quite a wait for one. A few of the guys shoot them at the club and one may be for sale soon with some improvement being made on new models (this guy has to have the latest and greatest). I will start out the season with the old Sinclair and see how competitive I can be. I was going to order a Farley this week but Woodycreek found me a new toy that I couldn't pass up. :roll:

I'm using a .267 bushing on necks that just have the high spots turned down. I did stop by the Gunstop today and pick up .250 and .251 bushings...details once it is finished... :)

I have a feeling that my velocities will improve if we ever get out of these winter temperatures in Minnesota. We are supposed to get 6-8 more inches of snow tonight.

Very nice set up DF and like Mike said, I would be doing cartwheels to shoot like that..

Back