single shot

salmonchaser":zjxrg712 said:
Skimming through to see what Jamilia ended up with. Missed that information but did pick up that not only does Scotty not own an o6, he does not own a # 1. What the heck. This is really bugging me, I just might have to give him one next time he is in Oregon. Jeepers, a Marine without an o6, jeepers.

A number of us have worked on that lad for a long time. Never witnessed such recalcitrance in my life! Definitely a puzzler. :?

salmonchaser, she bought a Ruger 1S 9.3 x 74R for 900 $. This purchase was however bought for her friend and not for herself and unfortunately I was not that friend )-:

trust me Dr Mike she does not tell you about every new shoe or make up purchase, it all balances out (-;

Our big thing is I will buy a LOT of something because they are on sale and he will tell me , we will never use all those, we will end up giving some away---my response,---- but we saved so much money over their regular price (-;

Yeah Scotty has all those calibers that are off springs of the 06. Someday he will get the mother caliber and never hunt with anything else

Dr Mike, Truck Driver----what's a remington ? Is that one of those guns Sears use to market ?

And for the record and if you have not already guessed, we have already started ringing in the new year Happy New Year

Cheyenne, Remington is not marketed by Sears; they have higher standards than that. Maybe Monkey Wards in the States once sold them, though I can't rightly recall. :mrgreen: Happy New Year.

DrMike":3ujxp8oh said:
Cheyenne, Remington is not marketed by Sears; they have higher standards than that. Maybe Monkey Wards in the States once sold them, though I can't rightly recall. :mrgreen: Happy New Year.
Cheyenne, Happy New Year! we still have 26 minutes to go here.
Never saw one in either but did see a Winchester in Sears. :lol:

Just remembered, Joe the Motorist store sold them. I bought my first and only Ruger 10-22 from them when it first came out 1960 something I think I was 14. :lol:

I've got one of those dirty old Remington's here.....

It's got some hunting scars but it's been a good rifle.

salmonchaser":1kos5e5c said:
Too bad it's not an o6, then you would have something.

Touché! (y) and "Zing!"

In fairness, I believe that is a 35-06, is it not, Scotty? :lol:

DrMike":20sxf6z4 said:
salmonchaser":20sxf6z4 said:
Too bad it's not an o6, then you would have something.

Touché! (y) and "Zing!"

In fairness, I believe that is a 35-06, is it not, Scotty? :lol:

Yes sir. Sure is Mike. Quite possibly my favorite cartridge based off the 30-06. It's been an absolute killer on everything. Between it and my 270 WSM I didn't use much else and have been using other cartridges but the Whelen and 270 really did account for a lot of my hunting for awhile.

I didn't even have a scope on it for awhile. Just got it scoped up again and some 200 ABs loaded. Might have to have a .358 caliber year this Fall. :lol:

DrMike":1spb5n49 said:
Admittedly, the 35-06 is never a bad choice for big game.

No, without a doubt if all I ever had was that old 35-06 I'd be chopping in high cotton. That old CDL has been good to me. Need to get it out and run it some more this year.

Scotty, there is a fellow up here that has a rifle just like your 35 and he uses 250 gr Kodiak for moose and bear. I keep forgetting to mention to you that Brooke got her goat, thanks for your assist. She ended up going with her brother as her grandmother has gotten at an age that goat hunting is not an option for her.

Back to the question, I could live with the previous suggestion of the 6.5 x 55, 30-06 and 9.3 x 64 and I would be happy as a pig in ---- with any of the following rifle manufacturers Blaser, Martini, Lexus---but we are still putting two children through college, so it will be a few years before I place the order

Congratulations to Brooke, tell her job well done

Scotty, if I took up a collection and bought a 30-06 for you, would you accept it ? LOL

yukon huntress":2abo9ncz said:

Scotty, if I took up a collection and bought a 30-06 for you, would you accept it ? LOL

Splendid project, Cheyenne! (y)

yukon huntress":2rt97n9d said:

Sure... I would... I'm like a foster home for wayward rifles!

I'd actually like to have a 30-06 now. I've seen enough other stuff and realize the versatility of a 30-06. It does do a lot of things very well.

I just keep my eyes open for the right 06. So there you have it....

Is it colder than the thermometer registered? Did hell just freeze over? :shock: Did my fevered imagination misinform me? :? And I thought the day would never arrive! A beautiful featherweight chambered in the venerable '06 would be a fine addition to your collection, Scotty. (y)

I was thinking a Pre64 Featherweight. Your reading my mind buddy! A Classic would be just fine as well...

I sure do like my 2008 manufactured Featherweight '06, Scotty. The primary problem is that there are so many other cartridges vying for range time that it sits forlorn in the safe far too often.

I can see that Mike. I think I'd find it fun to monkey with now. I love odd stuff but I believe I could have fun with a good 06 at this time.

Back