Sizing Dies and other things

truck driver":7bofwgx3 said:
kraky1":7bofwgx3 said:
Those are pretty fresh bandages on those fingers.... no pain no gain ....LOL!
Yeah , when I saw that I was wondering who butchered whom :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:

Yeah those are Matt's fingers (attached to none other than Matt!). I was glad I had a first aid kit in my pack. And my darling wife was glad she made me pack a first aid kit too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great picture Joel. That night was an awesome night in camp. The day you smoked your bull was another chart topper.

"SJB358 reat picture Joel. That night was an awesome night in camp. The day you smoked your bull was another chart topper."
I remember "every" night in camp, I am not sure everyone else did. :mrgreen:

Elkman":1attrkxi said:
"SJB358 reat picture Joel. That night was an awesome night in camp. The day you smoked your bull was another chart topper."

Sounds rather serious, Bill. :shock: Great picture, Joel. It does look as if that crew could use some pointers on handling a blade, however. Haven't seen so many bandages on a hand since BlkRam and I were skinning bison!

DrMike":2bkbd1dw said:
Elkman":2bkbd1dw said:

Sounds rather serious, Bill. :shock: Great picture, Joel. It does look as if that crew could use some pointers on handling a blade, however. Haven't seen so many bandages on a hand since BlkRam and I were skinning bison!
uuuhh whose hands were bandage DrMike , your's or BlkRam :?: I'm thinking yours :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Talk to BlkRam about that. He's the one who made the trip to Emergency. He earned the name "Wounded Bunny" on that trip. He gave his war cry, which I noted sounds suspiciously like a frightened nine-year-old girl. One day I'll fess up about the incident; but for the moment (with apologies to Sgt. Schultz), I know nothing; I know nothing.

DrMike":zb0vyjqt said:
Talk to BlkRam about that. He's the one who made the trip to Emergency. He earned the name "Wounded Bunny" on that trip. He gave his war cry, which I noted sounds suspiciously like a frightened nine-year-old girl. One day I'll fess up about the incident; but for the moment (with apologies to Sgt. Schultz), I know nothing; I know nothing.
That's the first time I ever heard of a Buffalo scalping an Indian before he could scalp the Buffalo. :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:

Ha!! Hunting tales get better every year. Kinda like a good wine or scotch I believe.

Oh, yeah, and when it is the same crew, the tales become legendary after a few years. :mrgreen:

After follow another post and reading the responses on this one I I found time to sit down at the bunch and try some of the suggestions.
First I pulled the decapping stem from my 35 Whelen AI die and sized a piece of brass and measured the inside diameter. After looking at the expander cone I decided it need to be polished so I chucked it in my drill and took one of the rubber abrasive wheels from my dremil tool and spun the expander against the polishing wheel till it was bright and shiny, the OD of the expander didn't change enough to get a size difference but did exit the case mouth smoother. There was visible grooves on the expander and you could fell them when you ran your finger nail over them.
I also got a FCD die from Preacher which he didn't need since he has switched to the mighty 358 Norma.
I sized and loaded up six shells with the 200gr TTSX and measured the the case necks with a seated bullet in it and came up with .380" OD diameter on all loaded rounds I set the die up to just touch the case mouth and ran a loaded round into the die and got no change so I adjusted the die a quarter turn down and got a crimp of .001", .380" OD down to .379" OD. Next I need to get to the range and see if it makes a difference.

Attachments

• KIMG0242(1).jpeg
    KIMG0242(1).jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 57
  • KIMG0241(1).jpeg
    KIMG0241(1).jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 57
Back