Sledgehammer

zacii

Beginner
Mar 5, 2015
431d81154e9602a6a1bbcf82397cfdd8.jpg

6ae830b69bf334bfbdf49d701fc84b74.jpg

73904d8c2f7bd489777b0846b02adaf9.jpg

After work this evening, a buddy of mine let me shoot his 'sledgehammer'. That's what he calls his .378 Weatherby. Unfortunately, I didn't think to get a picture of his rifle. It was a Mark V with a synthetic stock. I'm not sure if it was a Bell & Carlson or a HS Precision stock. He ordered it from Weatherby with a mercury tube in the stock.

To date, this is the largest cartridge I've ever shot. I only shot it twice, but it was a lot of fun. It really put the hurt on a gallon jug of water at about 150 yards. I was surprised at the audible smack when I annihilated it :).

I would have shot it a bit more, but it was late and I know those rounds are costly. I'm gonna have to pick up a box of ammo for my buddy so I can shoot it again.

Somewhere Fotis has a big urge to check in and doesn't know why :lol: Cool looking round, must be a Hornady bullet by the looks of it. That would be fun to shoot for sure......

Yup that is a Hornady 270 gr Spire point Killed elk with that bullet. Here is some food for thought

That 375 VM2 looks intimidating!

Very pretty rifle, Fotis [emoji106]

One of these days I will get to it!!!!

Here is the 375 Viersco Mag II!

5c90e2c3b16d96c552315359777ee349.jpg

Custom Viersco Single Shot Action 40 MOA base
Manners carbon fiber stock
Lilja 9 twist 34" barrel with 4 port shark bite muzzle brake
Stainless on black stock finish, "spider webbing"
Scope.... Wears a 8-32x56mm Nightforce NXS

From the builder

H-BMG 50 Powder
350gn HP Cutting Edge Bullet 3450fps .5 moa accuracy on 535yd test. Reduced load from earlier tests.

Brass is very strong, ran some test loads past max with no primer pocket issues. have more than 10 loadings
on 18 pieces of brass. Annealed necks every second loading.
Update:

375 grain cutting edge bullet
3497 fps
10,181 foot pounds
100yd zero.... add 13.5 moa for 1000yd shot
same powder charge as tested with 33.5" barrel
This barrel is a bit tighter and thus developed a bit more pressure.

350gn Predator solid.....H-BMG50.....3450 fps

Everytime I get to working up a load something personal happens. I am afraid to touch it!

How did you get a jinx on your rifle :?: I think you need to find a Witch doctor or a Voodo priest to take the spell off :!: :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:
Or you could take it to DrMike and have him pray over it to rid it of it's evil demon's. :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:
Sorry guys I'm just full of it today. :mrgreen:

FOTIS":ufjyscra said:
Everytime I get to working up a load something personal happens. I am afraid to touch it!
That's because there are negative forces at work trying to prevent you from doing a good thing for humanity [emoji6]

For the love of all things just and true, you must work up a load to defeat the negativity!

[emoji3]

Back