Small KY 8

chrispbrown27

Beginner
Sep 12, 2011
Managed to kill a small 8 this morning. He came in over the hill right next to me at a trot and when he was at about 10 feet I got him to stop. The 6mm loaded with GMX's did their work and he made it about 75 yards. I thought my season was over but the daughter got pretty excited about it and asked if she could go sit with me in the afternoon, so I bought some bonus tags. We sat out there til about 4 and she got pretty cold in the rain so we called it a night without seeing anything.

Attachments

• 2014buck.jpg
    2014buck.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 229
Congratulations on a fine looking little buck. They can sure be goofy at this time of year. You did well.

Like that you took the daughter out, some day she may give you a grandchild to take hunting. Preservation of our species.

Congratulations on a fine buck. It is great that you could take your daughter out also.

Made my day that she wanted to help cut one of the deer up today and then wanted to go sit and watch me hunt. I was truly hoping something would show up, but the wind wasn't right and it was a bit cold and wet even for me. Hopefully next weekend the weather will be better and she and I can get out there.

It is neat to share our joy of hunting with our children. Your daughter sounds like a fine young lady.

Back