Snow Birds

Looks like a great time! I was in the Superstitious Mountains when I was a kid. It's some pretty rugged country.
Are you going to go through the red rock country while you are in AZ?

JD338
Not certain, tomorrow and the next day we will be in the National monument area then we will head to Rocky point in old Mexico for a week or so. Eventually we are going to drift as far east as Austin, I've never been to Texas. Home in mid March.

Beautiful country. Looks like you both are having an awesome time.

JD338

We left Oregon on Jan 6 as we had two days that looked like the roads would be snow free.
Had truck and trailer parked and running in front of the house, did our final sweep and I picked up my down jacket and a stuff sack, thought I might want it the first two days or so.
Worn that jacket every day. Been near freezing or just below every morning. We are just north of the Mexican border, we and the Canadians taking it in stride, lot of whining from others. Locals say maybe 3 or 4 nights a year like this.
But, it's 25 and snowing at home. Daughter called and said the neighbors are pissed because I haven't plowed their driveways.
Nice to be missed.
I do pray you all winter well.

Attachments

• 217D15E2-4F72-48D7-94CF-F9CB35E4B945.jpeg
    217D15E2-4F72-48D7-94CF-F9CB35E4B945.jpeg
    171.3 KB · Views: 5
Nice picture, yes it's nice to be missed we are supposed to get some wintery mix today and have been in a snow drought this winter but have had rain so not as dry as it could be . The snow would build the underground water table where most of the rain runs off.
No snow means a dry summer.

Sunset in Penasco, we'll be here for another week then back to Tucson. Sustained 30 mph winds with gusts to 50 all day, starting to lay down we hope.
The dogs are enjoying the beach.

Attachments

• 6D68B22D-DC7C-485B-BB11-8ACB0C2D1642.jpeg
    6D68B22D-DC7C-485B-BB11-8ACB0C2D1642.jpeg
    815.8 KB · Views: 11
  • F40D0B0A-00B1-4239-A0E1-A8C10D064A22.jpeg
    F40D0B0A-00B1-4239-A0E1-A8C10D064A22.jpeg
    330.6 KB · Views: 11
Great read.
If you go to the San Francisco of Texas be sure to decontaminate yourself at the Alamo. It’s just up the road. 👍🏻🙂

Vince

So we've been hanging around Texas for a while, had a few issues.... San Antonio river walk, Molly retrieved a duck the duck did not want to be retrieved. Molly brought the mangled corpse to hand. Might not have gone so bad but several onlookers tried to pull the duck from her jaws.
While in Luckenback Molly was being very well behaved, I should have smelled a set up. Little girl 4) with her big hat, red boots was petting mollys belly, asked to take her a walk, 10 feet later Molly sees a squirrel, little girl never let go of the leash, lost her hat and one boot. She Gave Molly a hell of a scolding.
Catherine broke a tooth, we had one flat tire on the truck. Two days ago she's holding one of those plastic test strips, positive she said, " jeepers" I said, " how can you be pregnant" dumb ass" she said, I have Covid. We both have symptoms, just feels like a bad cold so far.
Fingers crossed we are starting home from Corpus Cristy in the morning. Plan on 5 or 6 days. Weather sucks at home and we'll have to winterize before we get too far north.
Been a cool to cold snowbird trip this year.

First for me, I was told this is a 14 foot gator at Aransas wildlife refuge.

Attachments

• 431E77F0-04DA-40E2-9E35-D70D88EBBD30.jpeg
    431E77F0-04DA-40E2-9E35-D70D88EBBD30.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
I used to watch a ten foot gator that stayed near the Ethyl Corporation down on the Ship Channel when I was pipe fitting there between schools in 1970. I'm told that some people fed him. Can't say that I ever did that, but he did hang around. He must have found something to eat.

So we've been hanging around Texas for a while, had a few issues.... San Antonio river walk, Molly retrieved a duck the duck did not want to be retrieved. Molly brought the mangled corpse to hand. Might not have gone so bad but several onlookers tried to pull the duck from her jaws.
While in Luckenback Molly was being very well behaved, I should have smelled a set up. Little girl 4) with her big hat, red boots was petting mollys belly, asked to take her a walk, 10 feet later Molly sees a squirrel, little girl never let go of the leash, lost her hat and one boot. She Gave Molly a hell of a scolding.
Catherine broke a tooth, we had one flat tire on the truck. Two days ago she's holding one of those plastic test strips, positive she said, " jeepers" I said, " how can you be pregnant" dumb ass" she said, I have Covid. We both have symptoms, just feels like a bad cold so far.
Fingers crossed we are starting home from Corpus Cristy in the morning. Plan on 5 or 6 days. Weather sucks at home and we'll have to winterize before we get too far north.
Been a cool to cold snowbird trip this year.

Covid ain’t no joke.
I pray it really feels like nothing worse than a cold for you both.

Vince

Thanks Vince, I'm doing pretty good, almost symptom free. Catherine is having a harder time. Muscle ache all day
We are down in green valley staying warm. Will delay our push home until Catherine feels better.

Thanks Vince, I'm doing pretty good, almost symptom free. Catherine is having a harder time. Muscle ache all day
We are down in green valley staying warm. Will delay our push home until Catherine feels better.

I’m in Northern Arizona just standing on a corner in, name the place in the song, Arizona but I grew up in the Green Valley/Arivaca area.

If I can be of any help just reach out.

Vince

I’m in Northern Arizona just standing on a corner in, name the place in the song, Arizona but I grew up in the Green Valley/Arivaca area.

If I can be of any help just reach out.

Vince
Thanks Vince, we're on the road, Cat is doing better, should be in our own beds by Friday.

Back