Some guys are better than others

salmonchaser

Handloader
Dec 13, 2013
We lost our neighbor suddenly, left me wondering if God needed an elk hunting guide. Intuitively we all know some guys are better at some things than the rest of us. As a neighbor there were none better than Bob. As a mentor in the art of hunting, he had to be at the top of the heap. As an elk hunter I’ve never known anyone any better. Bob always got it done. The kind of guy who would be moving north down a ridge, stop suddenly turn 90 degrees with out explaination, take an hour to cross the next two basins and kill an elk.
Attended his memorial today, there were more than a few pictures of big mule deer and big elk. I wish I had learned more from him.
Rest easy Bob.

Attachments

• IMG_9019.jpeg
    IMG_9019.jpeg
    677 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_9018.jpeg
    IMG_9018.jpeg
    658.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_9017.jpeg
    IMG_9017.jpeg
    672.5 KB · Views: 33
Good neighbors are hard to come by. Good like minded hunters are even scarcer. Put the two together and it's a heck of a loss for all. Knowing good people like that is pretty special.

Last edited:
He walked five miles every morning. I Stopped and talked to him as I was headed out with the dogs the day he died. Mid afternoon we heard sirens but with the fires in the neighborhood that was getting to be common. Walked out to my back pasture and could see they were at Bobs’. Longest 200 yards I’ve ever run.
He will be missed
Dale, Most of the elk he killed were down in your area. He grew up and still had a lot of family around Condon.

Sorry about your neighbor. Glad you were able to spend the time you did with him and the memories that you will cherish. Dan.

Don sorry for the loss of your Friend.
As we get older it seems our older buddies and friends are getting less and less. Find and making new friends can sometimes be difficult due to age and interest.
I still regret missing your call when you and your wife visited MD.

He walked five miles every morning. I Stopped and talked to him as I was headed out with the dogs the day he died. Mid afternoon we heard sirens but with the fires in the neighborhood that was getting to be common. Walked out to my back pasture and could see they were at Bobs’. Longest 200 yards I’ve ever run.
He will be missed
Dale, Most of the elk he killed were down in your area. He grew up and still had a lot of family around Condon.
Sorry for your loss Don. The world could use more people like Bob in it for sure. I used to know several folks in Condon and Fossil. I went to school from 4th grade through 12th grade in Spray.

Back