Sometimes There Is Not Enough Words

Wincheringen":t2ao2hwr said:
I saw Nosler has a 280AI Legacy in stock and ready to ship today.

Now that is some green backs $$$$ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OH no doubt indeed it is and it is a fine looking rifle and you know it will shoot lights out and in a great cartridge.

Guy Miner":vaqllkk5 said:
I think that given my choice of two... I'd likely choose:

.25-06
.30-06

Yup, that would likely do it, and still take advantage of my existing dies & components.

Just thinking here... That's NOT an order Nosler! :grin:

Of course if I didn't have a ton of .25 & .30 cal bullets, I could just get one in .280 AI and call it good for all my hunting needs.

Guy

Mason, I think Guy meant a 25-06 and a 35 Whelen.. :grin:

It is more fun to have three though! Only having two can be boring! This is without considering rimfires, varmiters and DGR's I assume? Otherwise it is not fun at all!

Mike,
There are a couple of friends who are fighting for my M48. I have a enabler friend here too (Can you say like Fotis!!!) who gave them the idea I was going to sell it because I got the H.S. precision. Told them they can fight over it when I am DOA. Maybe I will have the wife bury it with me. There may be hunting in the after life
Russ

russ808":1x043xuo said:
Mike,
There are a couple of friends who are fighting for my M48. I have a enabler friend here too (Can you say like Fotis!!!) who gave them the idea I was going to sell it because I got the H.S. precision. Told them they can fight over it when I am DOA. Maybe I will have the wife bury it with me. There may be hunting in the after life
Russ

Got to watch FOTIS, but I can have mine buried with me, Jordan my grandson already got me to promise him that it would be his. :)

Got to watch those grandchildren, they have guile about hem that will get you to promise them your favorite guns and sometimes before you are even cold! :mrgreen: I have lost several that way.

Oldtrader3":39sq5ybd said:
Got to watch those grandchildren, they have guile about hem that will get you to promise them your favorite guns and sometimes before you are even cold! :mrgreen: I have lost several that way.

Hey, I have no doubt that it will happen to me also. :mrgreen:

Just opportunity for replacement. I'm figuring on having to replace a few when Nolan gets older.

Tested my 160gr Speer SBT 7mm08 round that has a BC of .519 (not .515)on gallon jugs and is sighted in at 230yds zero, being -5.3" low at 300 which is my first drop dot and from 0-300yds the highest point is only 2.7" high and the rest of the bullets flight is perfectly matched to my dots out to 500yds, and with my 500yds dot I can actually go to 550yds. Yes, I like this, I am pumped for this season.

I used five rounds to hit four 1 gallon water jugs. 300, 400, 500 and 550. My friend and I went to his property at day light this morning since Church was not till 10:00am and he has a MS Power line on his property and we had no wind plus the trees block north or south winds because of the pine thickets that run along both sides of the power line. I he took his four wheeler and set up the four jugs when he reached the spot that my range finder said was the distance.

I sat in the same chair I put in my ground blind that has and arm rest I put the first dot right in the middle of the jug and hit the 300yds jug, the 400 jug was almost covered with the second dot but I hit it and the third dot covered the jug completely at 500yds but I got the left edge of it. I put it the same on the jug at 550 and the round looked like it hit just left and short of the jug, so I put the dot on the very top of the jug holding a little right of center and caught the left bottom edge. My friend and I both were surprised and I was pleased.

Had to order some more of the 160gr Speer SP BT bullets because I have five loaded rounds left of this bullet.

Sounds like that would be a great bullet for the 7-08 Mike. Decent BC on them as well. Plus, the price is hard to beat!

SJB358":2grfhkji said:
Sounds like that would be a great bullet for the 7-08 Mike. Decent BC on them as well. Plus, the price is hard to beat!

The extreme spread of 6 and deviation of 3 while matching my LR Duplex out to 500yds will make these perfect for long shot down gas lines on deer.

Back