Speaking of Blacktails

salmonchaser":2g3hce18 said:
I'm going to leave her my 6.5 over the summer while I'm in Alaska. I may not get it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are probably right about that :lol: She can shoot coyotes up to elk with that gun............

salmonchaser":ommm154h said:
I'm going to leave her my 6.5 over the summer while I'm in Alaska. I may not get it back.

That would be an excellent cartridge for the young lass. You are correct that you may not get it back once she has opportunity to shoot it. Gerry is correct that the cartridge will perform well on quite a range of game.

salmonchaser":1hm2plwm said:

Yeah, kiss that rifle goodbye. Just consider it a non-tax deductible contribution to a good cause. (y)

Dan

Your spot on with the 6.5 line of thinking, pretty hard to beat a .264 with today's bullets!
Low recoil and hyper performance!
The Nosler 129gr ABLRs did the trick at 409 yds , one shot instant kill , no exit ...........
Not a BT , just a WT :lol:IMG_1511.JPG

35 Whelen":1ch7mhz7 said:
Your spot on with the 6.5 line of thinking, pretty hard to beat a .264 with today's bullets!
The Nosler 129gr ABLRs did the trick at 409 yds , one shot instant kill , no exit ...........
Not a BT , just a WT :lol:

That'll do! Fine looking specimen, E. (y)

I might as well start shopping for a new rifle.
I keep thinking I might take it when I go looking for a cow elk, but I don't want to shift my paradigm on elk cartridges.

This 5x6 Blacktail is probably my best Blacktail. I shot it 40 years ago within a hundred yards of where my niece shot hers. It was a clear cut then. It was and still is an easy bike ride from Oregon state University. I didn't attract any attention riding up there but I sure did riding back.IMG_1842.JPG

salmonchaser":2e5n8vry said:
I didn't attract any attention riding up there but I sure did riding back.

Ha! I'll bet you did! Nice buck by the way.

Guy

35 Whelen":1inxddrz said:
Not a BT , just a WT :lol:

Great shot! And... I almost had to ask why my dog was in your photo! :grin:

Guy

That is one smokin nice Blacktail! What a beauty! Better get a big cape and have it done as a full shoulder mount! It sure deserves it! Impressive SCer

salmonchaser":2oqu2k2q said:
This 5x6 Blacktail is probably my best Blacktail. I shot it 40 years ago within a hundred yards of where my niece shot hers. It was a clear cut then. It was and still is an easy bike ride from Oregon state University. I didn't attract any attention riding up there but I sure did riding back.

Anyone would be proud of that blacktail. I bet you did draw some attention--even back in the day! (y)

19 year old kid riding a bike, across campus, across town, 06 across his back no problem.
Same kid, deers front legs and head over the handle bars, body cavity on the seat, rear legs dragging a little, straddling the deer, gets a few thumbs up.
Hang said deer off your balcony at your crappy little apartment 3 cops show up, go figure.

Nice buck for the young lady, it looks like at least a second year fork horn.

Back