Spending a hundred dollars

wvbuckbuster

Handloader
Nov 5, 2015
If you had a hundred dollars just burning a hole in your pocket, would you spend or put towards overpriced powder, new scope or a new stock? The powder may give good groups but will be gone. The scope and or stock will be around for possibly a lifetime, good groups or not. Silly question but just wondering how others may look at things like this. Dan.

That's great question. For me - hmmm... tough question, too. Don't really have a need for a stock, right now, so it's a tossup between powder and scope. Of the two, I think I'd settle on the scope. Powder would probably be the "smart" choice, since it is more likely to spike in price, but I was thinking about getting a scope for my currently express-style only 375.

Really depends on your current need and priorities...
Money is not so easy come, way too easy go...and yet we all seem to get more over time (at least when we have a reliable income!)
Can be harder for some, but many times it is probably better to put the money in the gun safe and over time you will accumulate enough 100's to actually amount to the cost of whatever your next need is if it is more than $100...whether it be a new rifle and scope, or a hunting trip; or stocking up when a good deal comes along for a bunch of powder, primers or bullets, etc. that will let you add to your ammo supply or develop that new load with that bullet, or powder you have always wanted to try.

Back