Spring 2013 Black Bear Hunting

Gerry - nice to see from fresh photos of that country again . . . I will hopefully return this fall! Good bear and this was a good intro to your new partner(s) . . . the 35 and your wife. :)

BCbillies":22l0jqqs said:
Gerry - nice to see from fresh photos of that country again . . . I will hopefully return this fall! Good bear and this was a good intro to your new partner(s) . . . the 35 and your wife. :)

We have spent much time in those mountains and hope there will be more trips in the future. In a few weeks I hope to get through the pass and spend some time up there with Maria, she did well with it all and the new 35 Whelen finally has a kill to it's credit. I was really impressed with the 200 gr AB, it will be my go to goat and black bear load now, I would nail a moose with one of them too but still prefer a bit heavier bullet.

Congrats on the B Bear gerry ! Beautifull pictures of your country up there - I hope to get up there and hunt with you and Maria some time ! Very KOOL !

Cheers RJ

Would love to have you come up sometime Jim, hope we can make it happen.

Went out last Saturday but still no bear for Matt. We had some chances, had he been an experienced hunter he could have had the nice big boar I mentioned earlier in the thread. Of course he is just learning and I'm happy to hunt with him and spend time with both him and his dad, it has been fun. We tried to get 4 different bears on Saturday but the wind was definitely not our friend and swirled to alert the bears. The snowed in pass was plowed out so we made it through to unhunted territory for this year anyway. We had a great time and saw some nice animals and scenery. Hoping to get out again with him this Saturday again.

A couple of nice billies checking us out the bedded one looks to be a good sized billy.

The slide they were on you can see them to the left of the waterfall.

More great bear and goat country.

I always love watching the goats. Thanks for the pictures, Gerry. You'll connect in due time.

gerry, those are great photos GODS masterpiece :wink: thank you for sharing.
Hey if u can't your hands on any ABs in the 225gr variety, I have 5 boxes on hand & would be glad to send you a box for Moose season. You can just replace them when supplies get back to normal :)
Just let me know my friend!!!

Blessings,
Dan

Thanks Dan, I still have a partial box so might take you up on that. I also have some 250 gr Hot Cor's and 275 gr Woodleighs waiting in the wings :) I do love the country God has put us in. Taking Matt out this weekend won't work but will take him for sure next Saturday and see if they want to spend the night out there.

Back