Sticker Shock

RL338":1ivf39t5 said:
Was cruising GB and wow https://www.gunbroker.com/item/890543145
It is sad times when people bid up 1 box of bullets like this.

Geez...now I'm afraid to load and shoot the ones I have now. ha

sako2":1ivf39t5 said:
There was a listing for 20,000 primers the bid was at $7,000.

And I bought 1000 on sale for $25 at Sportsman's a month ago, and if they had any in stock they would still be selling it for that.

Anything online is getting crazy, just watching prices for 9mm ammo on Midway the msrp keeps creeping up, range ammo is showing $0.75/round a month ago it was 60 and a year ago it was under $.30

Okay, I'm going through my stock and putting bullets/primers up for sale. :shock: Retirement is in sight. (y)

Pretty bad that people are asking these kind of prices.
What's sad is the people who pay these prices.

JD338

DrMike":219ormf3 said:
Okay, I'm going through my stock and putting bullets/primers up for sale. :shock: Retirement is in sight. (y)
Dr. Mike if i had a hazmat license i would do it.

JD338":1doio91p said:
Pretty bad that people are asking these kind of prices.
What's sad is the people who pay these prices. Jd the auction for the primers started as a penny auction and people bid it up. Sad.

JD338

I wish I was in yall's shoes. I'm just getting started. There isn't a local store within 5 hrs drive that has a single bit of components. I know I've paid way more than normal prices for things if I can find them.
Just getting lumber to build my little reloading room has been bad. I've got over $200 just in 35- 2x4. The lumber yard is 2 miles away and that's my contractor discount.
I really wish there was a light at the end of this tunnel but I'm not seeing one yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I don't see it getting better for at least 4yrs. I think the government is behind it. With no ammo are guns are useless. Their way of gun control.

Over 300 million guns over a trillion rounds of ammo. If we were the problem they would know it

ronc80":nvou4npm said:
I wish I was in yall's shoes. I'm just getting started. There isn't a local store within 5 hrs drive that has a single bit of components. I know I've paid way more than normal prices for things if I can find them.
Just getting lumber to build my little reloading room has been bad. I've got over $200 just in 35- 2x4. The lumber yard is 2 miles away and that's my contractor discount.
I really wish there was a light at the end of this tunnel but I'm not seeing one yet.

Ron, it’s kind of a haul but Frank’s Gun Shop In Amsterdam has decent supplies. I believe they’re on FaceSpace since my brother messages them to ask what they have frequently.

I'll check it out thank you. That's only an hour or so from me. I believe I called them awhile ago but not sure I've called so many. I did just get some 700x that was normal priced. It's in all the load data I have for my bullets except 357. More spp would be nice.

Things have gotten so out of control that I'm listing my gunpowder on GB by the ounce and will start listing my bullets by the 10 pack. How about primers by the dozen @ a mere $10?

For every seat there's an a__.

Do it as a package deal, 12 primers with 12 bullets and 500 grains of powder for only $99.99 !! :)

I'll trade a 1000 Federal Match small rifle primers for a 2021 Bronco.
I'll also trade two pounds of Reloader 15 for a 2021 Ranger Bass Boat.

Yesterday my son stopped at gunshop that had advertised they received a shipment in of reloading supplies. He said 2 guys came down the aisle in front of him and grabbed all the 6 & 6.5mm bullets on the shelf. He asked if he could have 1 box of 6mm bullets , they told him for $60 he could have one out of the cart. The next comment they made was they are going to make at least that reselling them. Charging someone $60 for bullet you haven’t yet paid for is ridicules. This mindset is going to be the fall of the shooting community. We should be looking out for each other is my stance.

RL338":gbi1q4pe said:
Yesterday my son stopped at gunshop that had advertised they received a shipment in of reloading supplies. He said 2 guys came down the aisle in front of him and grabbed all the 6 & 6.5mm bullets on the shelf. He asked if he could have 1 box of 6mm bullets , they told him for $60 he could have one out of the cart. The next comment they made was they are going to make at least that reselling them. Charging someone $60 for bullet you haven’t yet paid for is ridicules. This mindset is going to be the fall of the shooting community. We should be looking out for each other is my stance.
Your son should of just grabbed one of the boxes. What are they going to do call management? Tell management what they said if it is a good store they will kick out the crooked resellers.

Back