Sticker Shock

michsteve":2vg4t5o4 said:
RL338":2vg4t5o4 said:
Yesterday my son stopped at gunshop that had advertised they received a shipment in of reloading supplies. He said 2 guys came down the aisle in front of him and grabbed all the 6 & 6.5mm bullets on the shelf. He asked if he could have 1 box of 6mm bullets , they told him for $60 he could have one out of the cart. The next comment they made was they are going to make at least that reselling them. Charging someone $60 for bullet you haven’t yet paid for is ridicules. This mindset is going to be the fall of the shooting community. We should be looking out for each other is my stance.
Your son should of just grabbed one of the boxes. What are they going to do call management? Tell management what they said if it is a good store they will kick out the crooked resellers.
I figure that people like that is why we are in these conditions every election. I have a semi decent supply for certain calibers and thats all, other calibers I cant even load for now due to supplies. I refuse to pay gunbroker prices, even though I would love some RL15 lol. I aint never been one to start a conflict, but those two fellers would of had a hell of a time blocking me from some of those bullets.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Was at a gun show this past Saturday and a guy wanted $200 for a brick of Federal 205 GM primers. I laughed when he told me the price and said that's what they're asking on Gun Broker. Told him I wouldn't pay it and walked off. As for Gun broker I changed my email and it messed up my account and never got them to fix it. Don't matter wasn't paying the prices on their site anyway. Dan

I just wandered thru fleabay reloading. RCBS shellholders 3 & 10 are bringing upwards of $40 used. The Hornady #10 manual is at a $80+ premium too for some reason. It's madness for any of the popular cals. Junky old rusted presses missing pieces are bringing more than new ones did 6 months ago. I could pay off my mortgage if I wanted to do without.

During the last big shortage I had a fellow offer to sell me a brick of 22 for $100. I told him to pound sand and went out and bought an air gun.

I never thought I'd see a time like that again...turns out I was wrong. The scalpers here suck up everything as it hits the shelf.

Some manufactures are becoming scalpers also. Sierra has pretty much lost my business. I never shot a lot of them anyways as the only bullet I really liked of theirs above others is their 85 gr HPBT in 6mm.

They've jumped their cup and core bullets to $40 + a box and you can't even order them. Announced a price increase ahead of having the ability to fill orders.

I was in a shop the other day and he had a couple boxes of Hornady .308 130gr sp. Out of curiosity I asked him the price. $30 a box. Beside it was a couple boxes of Sierra 125 PH. I asked him how much, he looked it up and said try $41 a box.

ShadeTree":12jzp6rf said:
Some manufactures are becoming scalpers also. Sierra has pretty much lost my business. I never shot a lot of them anyways as the only bullet I really liked of theirs above others is their 85 gr HPBT in 6mm.

They've jumped their cup and core bullets to $40 + a box and you can't even order them. Announced a price increase ahead of having the ability to fill orders.

I was in a shop the other day and he had a couple boxes of Hornady .308 130gr sp. Out of curiosity I asked him the price. $30 a box. Beside it was a couple boxes of Sierra 125 PH. I asked him how much, he looked it up and said try $41 a box.
And Sierra used to be one of the most economically priced bullets. Their Pro-Hunter and Game Kings have been a staple of mine for a long time. Always the most accurate of any soft-tip.
I have a friend who owns a small bullet company and he has said there is a copper shortage and lead has become harder to get as well. He’s had to stop production a few times lately waiting for lead to come in. Would not be surprised if all the others make similar price increases as well. And like most things, that price will never recover.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doesn't surprise me 1 bit if all manufacturers increase they're prices. When people keep paying these crazy prices.

My son works for Scheels. They got 500,000 primers in and were sold out in one day! As some as someone knows that you have stock it hits the internet and you get flooded.

Been seeing a bunch of ammo on the auction sites being sold as "new" but its in ziplock bags, and no manufacturer name is provided, some say things like "New hornady brass" and a few even list things like "57.0 grain of H1000, accurate in my rifle" I'm afraid the exorbitant prices are too tempting to some folks. One is for 200 rounds of ziplock ammo and is up to $1300 for 200 rounds of a cartridge which would normally retail for about $300 for 200 rounds of new in manufacturers box ammo, with 4 days left to bid. They may or may not be licensed, but most of them only have between 1-10 feedback ratings, I would think someone doing it legally for a living would have many more sales..But, not for me to judge.

I hold thumps that things get back to normal for you guys.
As said, prices for US primers are stable here and supply is ok.Ammo too, bullets need some time.
No idea why there should be a shortage for you if there is none in Germany.
Granted - we have far less reloaders.
But still - enough make it over the big pond. So why not sell it to you?

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

DrMike":1s2v8qji said:
Okay, I'm going through my stock and putting bullets/primers up for sale. :shock: Retirement is in sight. (y)
I'm right behind you. I was just out in the garage and noticed that I had a few boxes of bullets I could probably part with. They may end up on GB.

sako2":14gu1rt3 said:
Bdbrown do you have some 6.5 bullets
None to sell. I just bought my first 6.5 and I've got enough to do some load development for it. Sorry, brother.

I have some Accubonds and custom competition, but I have no idea if I can simply send them from Germany

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

Thanks. I have 140gn for my prc and was looking for 129gn for a 6.5x55. 6.5 bullets are really hard to get. Yesterday Midsouth had some i put them in my cart 5 minutes later i went to check out and they where gone. I'm not paying $1.50 to $2.00 A BULLET. Got lucky this morning and found some on GB 400 129gn for $200 with shipping.

sako2":1avo5a4z said:
Thanks. I have 140gn for my prc and was looking for 129gn for a 6.5x55. 6.5 bullets are really hard to get. Yesterday Midsouth had some i put them in my cart 5 minutes later i went to check out and they where gone. I'm not paying $1.50 to $2.00 A BULLET. Got lucky this morning and found some on GB 400 129gn for $200 with shipping.
Boy, I'm glad I managed to snag some before things got too crazy. I've got 300 140gr Barnes Match Burners, 200 130gr Sierra Gamechangers, and 200 139gr Midway factory seconds which appear to be Hornady ELDM's. That should give me enough to play with for awhile. I don't think I spent more than about .30/round for any of them, maybe slightly more.

Yeah i have 500 140 match burners and 1250 hornady 140 match bullets for my prc. Just didn't think to get for the 6.5x55. I saw a box of 100 hornady eld-m in .308 212gn go for $600.

I’m good on everything for a few years. Would like to find another 1000 LRM primers, but it’s not essential.

Back