Strelok or Strelok Pro

TackDriver284

Handloader
Feb 13, 2016
I currently use the free Strelok version and I was wondering if the Strelok Pro is a better choice with the extra features like spin drift, etc. Anyone using the Strelok Pro and if you have good or bad experiences with it regarding issues with it on the bench or in the field.

It’s been so long I don’t remember what the free one includes. Not sure what the price of the Pro is now , but it’s well worth it in my opinion.
I have been using it for quite a few years and am very satisfied.

It’s been so long I don’t remember what the free one includes. Not sure what the price of the Pro is now , but it’s well worth it in my opinion.
I have been using it for quite a few years and am very satisfied.
It dont cost much, just 11.99. Thinking to get it.
I want to learn more about spin drift.

On that 500 and 600 yard test I made yesterday morning with the free version Strelok shows 2 clicks higher than the Strelok Pro with the same data plus some extra features. The bullets from those those 3 rifles did hit roughly 3 inches high at 600 yards. I dialed in all the data on the Strelok Pro and it shows 2 clicks lower than the Strelok free version that I used on those 3 rifles I tested yesterday morning. It was fun tinkering with it, just need to get to the field soon with my 6BR and the 95 grain VLD's and try them at 600 yards and see where those bullets wind up. I may bring the other rifles again and use the data from the Pro and compare it from the last tests.

Last edited:
you need to be sure all of your inputs are correct . being an inch high at 100 yards , is not a 100 yard zero . be sure to check the scope is properly aligned to the rifle , or you will get windage as you dial elevation . sight height is not a super critical input , but get it close as possible .

here is a good article on scope alignment .

a good article on the effects of rifle cant .

here is a quick easy way to measure sight height . if you want to get fussy , put a piece of masking tape over the scope and put a sharpie mark in the center , then use calipers to measure bolt center to scope center .

P9050273.JPG

you need to be sure all of your inputs are correct . being an inch high at 100 yards , is not a 100 yard zero . be sure to check the scope is properly aligned to the rifle , or you will get windage as you dial elevation . sight height is not a super critical input , but get it close as possible .

here is a good article on scope alignment .

a good article on the effects of rifle cant .

here is a quick easy way to measure sight height . if you want to get fussy , put a piece of masking tape over the scope and put a sharpie mark in the center , then use calipers to measure bolt center to scope center .

View attachment 17413
Hey Jim, I did all the above 2 weeks ago. All the rifles was sighted in at 100 yards and centered. I did the scope alignment when I installed the scopes a while back using a rope hung from a tree and a level. As for the scope height measurement I had done last week, I measured the thickness of the Midway chamber bore guide ( one with o ring at the end ) when its snug fitted in the chamber which is the bore line, then divided that thickness measurement by 2 and wrote it down on paper and measured the thickness of the ATACR scope behind the turrets and divided that measurement by 2 and wrote that measurement down. Then cut a tapered piece of paper and used that taper to measure the gap from the bore guide to the scope and added that measurement to the other two measurements. They came out to 2.10" and dialed that measurement in the Strelok Pro.
Thanks Jim for the articles, its a great read and helps us understand more about how cant and scope alignment is very important when it comes to long range shooting.

Last edited:
It was nice to see the article from Holland. Darrell is a good friend. I went up to Billings about three weeks ago to help him with his first LR shooting class in Montana. He doesn't have everything moved yet, but he is leaving Oregon.
For the amount of money for the Pro, I would get it.
When I am checking drops, I do it more than one time.
What time of the day were you shooting?
When shooting 1K F-Class, I make notes about my early morning dope versus my afternoon dope-It is different. Mirage alone can easily have that much difference, then add wind multiple direction(s) and speeds, plus terrain, if you had any.

I was shooting early in the morning as the sun was rising. Afternoons with the sun out is tough if shooting long distance with the mirage.
It's a good experience to learn to shoot in windy conditions to learn on how wind affects bullet flight.

Back