STRONG small red-dot sights for pistols?

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Just tried and destroyed a Burris FastFire II on my .45 1911... It lasted about 140 rounds.

Any other suggestions for small, lightweight red-dot type sights for use on a pistol?

Guy

Have you used one much JD?

I was disappointed when the Burris died yesterday. Was shooting great with it until it fell apart. Am hoping to hear from Burris later today.

Guy

Guy,

I have not used one. If I did, I would go with Leupold because of their great customer service and life time warranty.
I have an old Burris hand gun scope that I had to send back to Burris. Their customer service was a huge disappointment and I will never recommend them. I wrote about my expeience and shared it in the Optics section here on the forum.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8593
Good luck dealing with Burris, I hope they are better now than they were a couple years ago.

JD338

Guy
Doctor, J-point, Ultra-dot and C-more have all proven themselves in the IPSC circle.
They are very hard on optics and weed out the bad ones pretty quick.
I had the Optima on my IPSC gun and has run strong with no problems for many years. Unfortunately they don't make it anymore.

I got a cheaper Millett redot SP1. I bought it cause it had such great reviews on midwayusa. I have over 50 rounds on it through my 357 mag with some pretty stout loads and it has kept zero.

Back