Sunday Dinner

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Dinner today. Venison neck roast with potatoes and carrots. Wife put the usual seasonings on it and put a little bit of hot pepper juice from hot peppers we canned from our garden on it also. Was a little bit frozen yet in the middle so 5.5 hrs in the crock pot on high. Sometimes it can be tricky to have them done and soft without drying out. This one was perfect. Very good meal. Roast beef (venison) sandwiches will be made this week with left overs.

Potatoes came from ones I grew this yr, corn is corn we put away from our sweet corn patch, and the applesauce we canned ourselves. Only thing on the plate that didn't come from our own hands is the roll and the carrots.

Dessert was rice pudding my wife makes. She put cinnamon sugar on it, my second bowl I didn't put that on. It didn't need it. I'm not a big rice pudding fan, but hers I can bloat myself on. :D

Oh, yeah, that'll do. A repast to make a Michelin chef beg for more.

Haven't heard larrupin for many years. Wow! Talk about stirring up some memories.

Had some today for lunch. Warmed up pieces of roast in the microwave, sprinkled with some fresh salt, Hellman's Mayonnaise on a potato roll bun. Almost better than the original meal. Daggonnit, it's late here and typing that out made me hungry. If I eat a late night Dagwood venison sandwich I'll pay for it.

Had some today for lunch. Warmed up pieces of roast in the microwave, sprinkled with some fresh salt, Hellman's Mayonnaise on a potato roll bun. Almost better than the original meal. Daggonnit, it's late here and typing that out made me hungry. If I eat a late night Dagwood venison sandwich I'll pay for it.
Yum, I think I'm slobbering from here LOL. A staple meal here for left over roast is an open face knife & fork sandwich on a piece of Texas toast. Put a scoop of mashed taters on the Texas toast, then the roast and smother with Au jus gravy from the roast, or mix some up from a packet if none is left.

Yum, I think I'm slobbering from here LOL. A staple meal here for left over roast is an open face knife & fork sandwich on a piece of Texas toast. Put a scoop of mashed taters on the Texas toast, then the roast and smother with Au jus gravy from the roast, or mix some up from a packet if none is left.
Oh, yeah, that'll do. Fine dining, for sure. (y)

Man that sounds good also! We sometimes make mashed potato's with a roast, but this time cubed potato's and carrots. Don't think I ever had mashed potato's in a sandwich, but I know already I'd like that.

Yesterday I had it again warmed up for lunch but this time open face like you're talking, but with my wife's homemade BBQ sauce smothered on top. Hot dang. So good I had it again for supper. That big roast is all but gone in just 2 days and I'm not even started getting tired of it.

Back