Sure wish Nosler would bring back the .358 (and .375) ballistic tip

badaxeriverman

Beginner
Sep 29, 2024
I sure wish they would bring back the 225 grain ballistic tip in .358…along with a 180 and 200 grain version! They took them off the the market with the .375 260 grain ballistic tip. That .375 version was one mean round on whitetail in my 375 RUM! Still have one loose 260 grainer left. I’ve tried the accubonds in both the same sizes and they don’t seem to open up on broadside heart and lung shots for me. I’ve had deer stand there like they weren’t even shot with blood leaking from the entrance hole. I’ll take a Partition over them all day long for a premium choice. I’d also like the 180 grain .308 Combined Technology Partiton gold back while I’m on a roll. They will shoot groups that all touch out of my 300 RUM. I’m down to a little over a box of 50 of them. If anyone has any I’d be up for doing some trading.

I'm right there with ya.
I agree with all your choices and would add the 250 gr PT Gold for my 338 RUM.

JD338

Never shot any animals with the golds. I remember shooting a target at 450 yards using a stump as a backstop. Boy, I could hear the “whack” with those golds vs a ballistic tip! Even with my hearing protection on it sounded like someone hit a barn with a baseball bat. I’d hate to be on the receiving end of a gold projectile.

I really liked the 358 225 BT as well and wish they would bring it back.

Back