Swarovski z3 on 375 ruger - done finally

Feb 18, 2011
So far it's everything you would expect from a Swarovski product (fit and finish) Hopefully I can go shooting soon and see how she holds zero.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    357.8 KB · Views: 1,085
  • 2.JPG
    341.3 KB · Views: 1,085
cmbt shooter, trust me when I saw what first came up, it got edited.

(Now I have the task of finding out why that was on our family computer)

I've enjoyed all the Swarovski scopes I've owned, and that one will serve you well.

That scope looks very good on there and the wood is nice too, great combo you have there. Can't remember off hand, have you worked up a load for it yet?

75 grains of Reloader 15 pushing 260 grain accubonds at 2800 fps...Other load it likes is 270 factory Hornady Spire Points

Really nice setup!

I have a Z3 in 4-12x50 and i absolutely hate it...

Now because of it, all my other scopes look like they're cheap :mrgreen:
I always tought my nikon monarch was bright and clear. Now when i shoot with it after using the z3 i can't believe the difference, even in bright daylight. The Z3 is cristal clear. And is definatly a step up, especially in resolution. ( when i use the nikon now, i can't help but play with everything to try to have a better image quality...to no avail.)
I would probably not kill more game because of it, but it sure improve the shooting experience.

caribouhunter":2f1o420h said:
Really nice setup!

I always tought my nikon monarch was bright and clear. Now when i shoot with it after using the z3 i can't believe the difference, even in bright daylight. The Z3 is cristal clear. And is definatly a step up, especially in resolution. ( when i use the nikon now, i can't help but play with everything to try to have a better image quality...to no avail.)
I would probably not kill more game because of it, but it sure improve the shooting experience.

That was the funniest post I have read in awhile!

That sums up my fear of owning one of them Austrian scopes!

caribouhunter":1oe5pomv said:
Really nice setup!

Yeah, buy one, and it gets expensive in a hurry. You're compelled to upgrade everything else to match what you just acquired.

The same thing happened to me in 1996-2001. I first bought a 3-9x36 Diavari Z (T* Germany) and a a 5-15x42 Diavari V (T* Germany) in 1996. I had been using Redfield illuminator, Leupold Vari-X III and Nikon Monarch UCC (Japan) scopes prior to that and had no seriously bad experiences. Then in 2001, I bought a Swarovski AH (4-12x50, same as Z3) and a 3.5-10x50 Kahles. This is when I learned about: "you get what you pay for in optics" and "there is no free lunch"! The differences in optic quality, clarity and contrast were staggering. Since then I have bought (3) Zeiss Conquests and another 3-9x42 Kahles scope as well. My oldest son has one and my second son has the 3-9x36 Diavari Z. The are still ticking after all of these years.

The Vari-X III 4.5-14x40 AO was soooo dark! The Nikon UCC was so fuzzy! Even the $400 (in 1985 dollars) Illuminator was inferior in light gathering and sharpness to the German scopes. I still have the Leupold (on a varmit rifle), just sold the Illuminator recently and dumped the Nikon 3-9x40 UCC in 2001!

Idahotrophyhunter":24rlfofx said:
75 grains of Reloader 15 pushing 260 grain accubonds at 2800 fps...Other load it likes is 270 factory Hornady Spire Points

What a hammer!

FOTIS":19wvrcgp said:
Idahotrophyhunter":19wvrcgp said:

What a hammer!

You aren't kidding! That's a sweet load right there!

I don't think that you are going to have to worry about holding zero :wink:. That is a good looking rig and I am sure it will shoot the lights out.

Blessings,
Dan

Back