Swarovski Z5 & Z6?

dezmick

Beginner
Mar 5, 2011
I am wanting to know if there is a difference in quality between the Swarovski Z5 and Z6, or is it only the 30mm tube that you are paying extra for. I thought i heard that they use the same glass in all there lines Z3, Z5, and Z6, is there something else diffent about the Z6 line that makes them so much more money.

The erector adds to cost and the age-old issue of supply and demand--everyone wants the latest and greatest.

I spoke to a Swaro rep here at work about them, as a side bar, he said the glass, coatings, ect were all the same, but the 30mm tube on the Z6 was the only difference.

Thanks for the input guys, it really looks like i am leaning towards the Swaro Z5 3.5-18x44 with BT, but i sure do like the Leica 3.5-14x42 with ASV Turrets. Either way i end up going i will be getting a great scope, now i just have to save up the money for either one that i choose.

dezmick":1hplms7f said:
Thanks for the input guys, it really looks like i am leaning towards the Swaro Z5 3.5-18x44 with BT, but i sure do like the Leica 3.5-14x42 with ASV Turrets. Either way i end up going i will be getting a great scope, now i just have to save up the money for either one that i choose.

Either of those scopes will put a grin on your chin and serve you very well.

I have the Z5 3.5-18x44 and love it. I was having a little trouble swallowing the cost, but it was worth every penny and I would do it again in a heart beat!

Back