Tater got another one!

JDMAG

Handloader
Aug 15, 2006
Well, Tater killed his second deer today. Shot a button buck with his muzzle loader. He hadnt shot a muzzleloader until monday of last week, And last Saturday, he killed his first deer. today, he made his first muzzleloader kill. Shot it right smackdab between the eyes! :shock:
( I have already had the "ethics of takeing a questionable shot talk with him). It was appearently in some tall grass faceing him, and all he could see, ws the neck and head. IT had about a 1 foot blood trail. No lost meat here! He got to field dress this one too! Dont forget this is the kid that had the BAAAAD flinch about 3-4 weeks ago. 8)
Jd

Now that is a muzzle loader story that is worth telling. I am so proud of both of you. Yes, nothing, I mean nothing like these kinds of memories. Congrats on a great shot.

JDMAG

Congratulations to the both of you. You did a great job of coaching, you have instilled a lot of confidence into Tater. I think you created a killing machine. :lol:
Good job fellas.

JD338

You've created a hunting machine!!!! Awesome!

By JD MAG the way I told you I was going to look so I did.

My dealer has 2 Remington 700's in 243 on Clearance. Both are shorties... perfect for your boy!

One is an ADL synthetic 20" barrel and the other is a Rem model 7 again with a short barrel. The guns are new in box! He wants $350 for the Rem model 7 and I am betting less for the ADL. If you do not want them or Anyone else, can pm me and I will put you in touch with him. Great guy!

Thats a pretty good price on the model 7. Thats what Tater has now. I would like to get him something larger for the future. You've seen my 22-250 I also have a model 700 classic in .243 that I'm not useing right now, So I may trade it off some time in the future. If times werent what they are I would just buy him something new, and keep them both. May look at the encor and get him a muzzle loader barrel, and something 30-06 or up.

Well if anyone wants one of the 243's or a 25wssm browning for 499 e-mail or pm me...

JDMAG....
Congrats to both of you once again !! :wink: Way to go... nothing like having the oportunity to take a couple animals with two different methods that close together.... that has to be a huge confidence booster !
That will give your Son memories forever....

POP....
Darn good prices on those two Remingtons... complete gun for the price of an action.... hmmmm... makes me think :grin:

Oh, way to go!! Dont worry about that ethics question. I'd say that boy is over his flinch!?!? Havin a good year aint he. Hows he gonna top that next year. Aw who cares...smart money says hes hooked! CL

I've never considered head shot's "unethical".
The critter is either dead, or it's a clean miss. Just know your backstop.

I agree with this as long as you are a fairly decent shot and it is a frontal shot. either dead or missed. But if it was a side shot, I have seen a deer get it's bottom jaw on snout blown off, and that aint perty, or easy to follow up on.

Back