Tenacity...who's toughest?

Ok after reading a few of these I revise my statement.....Cape buffalo outside of NA. They can soak up 470 nitro and still make a scary charge.

I have yet to begin to procrastinate

I videoed a fork horned Sitka blacktail absorb 2 . 300 weatherby rounds 190 gr. Berger’s at 200 yards in the lungs and stay on its feet. Another took a .300 win mag with 210 gr. Berger’s at 300 yards and still chase a doe with a broken off side shoulder. Those two buck were the toughest I have yet to see.

DrMike":1dg48sk3 said:
Wow! Like old times. Great to see you ladies posting again. You have a great deal to contribute. Even old curmudgeons such as me benefit from your participation. Good to see each of you posting.

X2!!!
Please keep it up!
You three ladies bring a lot to the table and add a lot this forum, making it the best out there!
Hope you are all happy and healthy!

Blkram":ql6mt8gt said:
DrMike":ql6mt8gt said:
Wow! Like old times. Great to see you ladies posting again. You have a great deal to contribute. Even old curmudgeons such as me benefit from your participation. Good to see each of you posting.

X2!!!
Please keep it up!
You three ladies bring a lot to the table and add a lot this forum, making it the best out there!
Hope you are all happy and healthy!
X3

Great to see all you ladies posting.

Very interesting thread.

Never hunted great bears, so I would say bull elk or a big wild boar.

Europe":3qzm5bt7 said:
mike, you did not say North America, and if you meant all animals hunted, I would have to say the cape buffalo and/or elephant for me.

In North America and since you used the word "tenacity" the coastal Browns have to be included but moose just dont know their dead, it is almost funny sometimes, If you ever have to fish a dead moose out of a water hazard, the next moose you hunt, you shoot until they are down!!!!!

I didn't intend to limit the conversation to N.America...I just haven't hunted anywhere else yet.
It was actually the event of fishing last years moose out of a lake and this year's moose dying a full minute after getting hammered that really inspired this thread.

This year's moose took a textbook "behind the shoulder" lung shot at 200 yards. While I didn't see the impact, my partner did and called it good. The moose stood there looking very ill for a solid thirty seconds and started walking slowly toward a thicket. I shot him again, and a nice big jet of escaping steam told me that bullet was solidly in the X-ring. Another thirty seconds and the bull walks to the edge of the thicket and just lays down. We backed out and let him expire right there in the open rather than push him any further. The two bullet holes were about 3" apart and went through both lungs.

I'm pretty convinced that second shot did the sum total of zero since the lungs were already shredded. A caribou shot like that is likely dead before they hit the ground!

I have also heard that the hippo is a pretty serious customer- a big giant bullet sponge that will gladly bite you in half if you're between him and the water.

How kind of you gentlemen, thank you

Speaking only for myself, I have been juggling invitations from friends and family as well as health/age issues. A friend and I took fine art classes in Florence and then rented a Ferrari and two old ladies drove from Florence to Venice, it was fun. My granddaughter her father and mother invited me to tag along on my granddaughters first Africa hunt, which I did. My presence has been requested in Argentina and I might go, but if I do I will stay for a few months.

Jamila and her family have started a new business and she is VERY busy. Cheyenne is also working a new job and has been on some island and Greenland for extended periods of time

Sorry, mike, just a quick update for the fellows

Moose are so hard to keep out of a thicket or water. I think you were very smart to just leave him alone after the second shot. better to wait than dig him out of the thicket.

Great thread--very interesting responses, thanks Mike--------and thanks to Dr Mike, Gil, Allen for your kindness. Thank you gentlemen

well hell Mike, I didn't mean to kill your thread. My apologizes

Jamila, Camels . We saw them but did not hunt them. We were told they are very destructive and dangerous to anything around them. The natives kill them for food for their villages. When I think of hunting, Camels are not something I think about LOL

Puma and Jaguars would be fun however, if I was 60 years younger

Without a doubt, my 10” steel plate made of AR500. That sucker just keeps taking hits. [emoji23]

Squirrels, the SOB's can hang on to a branch for ages after being pumped full of lead!
Or am I using the wrong rifle? :grin:

England":1edrmlma said:
Squirrels, the SOB's can hang on to a branch for ages after being pumped full of lead!

They are tough! Headshot works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjcmichigan":3ub4mau0 said:
England":3ub4mau0 said:

Very true, but they don't stay still long enough as they are always playing with their nuts!

England":3mvj0i95 said:

Like the "SOB" acronym!
Squirrel On a Branch!!! LOL

Blkram":29x17i3g said:
England":29x17i3g said:

Like the "SOB" acronym!
Squirrel On a Branch!!! LOL
Brilliant! :grin:

England":n8g7t2at said:
mjcmichigan":n8g7t2at said:
England":n8g7t2at said:

Very true, but they don't stay still long enough as they are always playing with their nuts!

This certainly adds quality input to the discussion. Allen & Mike, maybe this helps you understand a bit better.

To get back to the thread, as it was asked. Moose are always tough unless you get them someplace with no water and no brush in the vicinity. Grolar's are just plain mean and nasty.

Gil, Dt Mike, Gerry. I was told that they may be reconsidering the Grizzly Ban. have you heard anything?

Gil, when are you and Susan's next match ?

Haven't heard a word, Cheyenne. Can't imagine that happening so long as we have a minority government composed of Greens and NDP.

Back