The Awesome Lee Loader

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Well, Gavin and I did it again. Writing this article and doing the video with Gavin took me back several decades to a time when I owned one rifle and loaded for it on a Lee Loader. It's still a great, and inexpensive, way to handload:

Please read the article as well as viewing the video:

Thank you, Guy

That’s a great article!

I have bought 2 of the Lee Classic Loaders recently while you were working with Gavin.
I have one for my .308, and .270.
They are pretty cool ways of loading if you ask me!

Hawk

That's what I used when I started reloading for my H&R 30-30 single shot and I still have it in the cabinet in the reloading room.

That is what I started loading 12ga shells with in grammar school. It did the job. I would also say "awesome" and "lee loader" of any type do not belong in the same sentence :)

That is what I started loading 12ga shells with in grammar school. It did the job. I would also say "awesome" and "lee loader" of any type do not belong in the same sentence :)
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You old sour party pooper. I don't own a lee loader so I can't comment one way or the other, but that cracked me up.

I was 15 when I started handloading and my first tool was a Herter's cheaper clone of the Lee. I couldn't afford the Lee and buy components. In those days very few locals were handloading so everything had to be mail ordered. I did acquire a Lee later for 30-06 before I moved up to a used Herter's "C" press that my dad found at a garage sale.

Excellent article as usual. I have a Lee hand press that I loaded quite a few rounds on, mostly .38 Spl. I might have to pick up a couple of those just to have; you never know.

A flash from the past. I helped a friend with a Lee loader for his 30-30. It was a ton of fun.

JD338

My first foray into loading was with a Mec in 12 gauge. My start in rifle and pistol was with a Lee Loader in 7X57, they might be slow but they get the job done.

Oh, that was fun to see! Dad was able to go "modern" and bought the Herters single stage back in '64. Still have his oriignal Speer manual and use the press for all reloading. Thanks for posting! CL

Back