the damage is done?

TexasLife

Handloader
May 24, 2020
I fell off the deep end when ordering my 1st 7mil (7-08) AR barrel back in April. 4 weeks before that I ordered a 6.5prc AR barrel. Now I just ordered a 7saum AR barrel. Nosler 185rdf for this 1 as it should fit mag length (2.830"). The 7-08 is 22" and the 7saum is 28". Anyone running 7-08's and/or 7saum's give me some feed back as I'm sure both are BA's rather than AR's. Primarily the 7-08 will be fed 120-150gr and the saum 160-185's.

L) 7-08
R) 6.5prc

I ordered the 7saum barrel yesterday, so it'll be 7+ weeks from x-caliber?

Attachments

• 20230801_074615.jpg
    20230801_074615.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
All I need to know with 7mm-08 is 140gr Berger VLD and RL17. This combo flat out works in a bolt action rifle.

7saum brass is on the way thanks to Montana Accuracy. 250rds of ADG. Bolt w/magnum face ordered also (from KAK). Will send to x-cal for headspacing when it arrives.

Now for dies............................I'm thinking about the arbor press type (LE Wilson #S7M-RSM) and will do FL sizing. I usually do all reloading on a 550, but changing it up a bit for this cartridge.

I load my 3 Creeds with different style of dies. 6mm Creed is done on an arbor press with a Sinclair Micrometer inline seater made by LE Wilson. This is an awesome die.
25 Creed is a modified Hornady seating die with a VLD stem.
6.5mm Creed is a Forster Micrometer Ultra seater. This is another great choice if you don’t intend on running compressed loads.
The Wilson inline will occur some upfront cost if you don’t have an arbor press.

I load my 3 Creeds with different style of dies. 6mm Creed is done on an arbor press with a Sinclair Micrometer inline seater made by LE Wilson. This is an awesome die.
25 Creed is a modified Hornady seating die with a VLD stem.
6.5mm Creed is a Forster Micrometer Ultra seater. This is another great choice if you don’t intend on running compressed loads.
The Wilson inline will occur some upfront cost if you don’t have an arbor press.
I found press cost between $107-141 and all are from the same mfgr, but different sites. I like my 550's, but might do some changes on certain cartridges. In every AR I will FL every one of them. I'll use the 550 for sizing, crimping and maybe priming (I might hand prime some).

Back