The greatest Lever gun of all time?

I'd love to have a Finnwolf! Particularly in 308. I've got a pre-64 Marlin 30-30 that I'm real fond of and would never sell......but a Finn would be absolutely too cool!!!!!

Long

Guy Miner":xrj79m5f said:
For me, perhaps the 71 in .348 Win... I've always thought that was one heck of a rifle...

The .470 & .475 lever action rifles that Turnbull is building are incredible:

http://www.turnbullmfg.com/store.asp?pi ... atid=19872

I am with Guy on this one! I LOVE the M71 and 348 Win. I am really looking at getting one of the new M71's that was released at the SHOT show by Winchester. If I could get one of them, I would be in rifle bliss. What a hoss of a cartridge.

Not to take anything away from the Finnwolf- as Jim, I read/studied/lived/ and just loved reading the Shooters Bible and Gun Digests as a kid and liked the pictures of that Finnwolf! Very cool rifle! Scotty

Picked up the Finnwolf today. All I can say is wow. This gun was discontinued in 1972 and this thing is unfired. What a find!

That FinnWolf might not get my vote for the greatest, but it sure ranks up there as the coolest!

My vote for the greatest lever gun goes to the Savage 99.

my vote goes to a Marlin 336. I've got one (circa 1947, Ballard rifling) in .35 Remington that has taken a lot of deer.

The best lever-action of all time?

No question, the Savage 99! Arthur Savage was way ahead of his time with this classic rifle. The action was strong enough for modern cartridges. The rotary magazine allows the use of pointed bullets. It balances and handles as well as a Win Mod-94. and all of that from a gun designed before the 1900's. I sure wish they still made them. One of these days I will find that elusive Sav 99 in .358 Win!

Idriflenut":nhv6tsti said:
The best lever-action of all time?

No question, the Savage 99! Arthur Savage was way ahead of his time with this classic rifle... It balances and handles as well as a Win Mod-94...

I don't completely agree. The Win Mod-94 is the last on my list of well-balanced and good handling rifles.

I actually think that the '99 fueled my passion for the Ruger No. 1, go figure :?:

My vote goes for the Winchester model 1887 Lever action shotgun. Hey you didn't say lever rifle!

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 654
ScreaminEagle":3q0qhwue said:
My vote goes for the Winchester model 1887 Lever action shotgun. Hey you didn't say lever rifle!

touche'

Back