The Mark 7 in Action

I think we've hit 20,000 cases processed on it now. Started with a 55 gallon drum full. Not sure how many that is...

It's a big job. We're going to have some blasting ammo when done! :)

Guy
Wow, I misunderstood that you were not doing the project, but impressed that you hit 20,000 cases, what caliber is it? How accurate is the powder dispenser? I would be very surprised if it measures close to a kernel. Overall its sweet for loading a large batch.

How long does it take to load 500 cases?

"How long does it take to load 500 cases?"

Damned if I know. Last time I did a batch of .38 Spl. wadcutter loads it took the better part of a week to do 1.800 and change rounds. That doesn't take in the time to cast and lube and size the bullets for the job. I will say they shoot great.
Paul B.

Wow, I misunderstood that you were not doing the project, but impressed that you hit 20,000 cases, what caliber is it? How accurate is the powder dispenser? I would be very surprised if it measures close to a kernel. Overall its sweet for loading a large batch.

How long does it take to load 500 cases?
We're doing 223's. The Mark 7 can do about 2,000 an hour.

Not sure on your powder dispenser, but using spherical powder, it does just fine.

We have one at the shop, and it's pretty amazing. But, like I said, it's not my project. Just amazes me every time I watch it doing what it does.

This is not necessarily a set it up, turn it on, and let it run thing... Like anything mechanical, it needs attention time to time. When it's running, someone is nearby and at least keeping an eye on it. Noisy doggone thing too! When we've got the 223 all loaded up, we'll switch it over to 9mm.

Guy

What we're doing guys, is processing the brass on the Mark 7.

It is being loaded on a Dillon XL 750. So for this project, the Mark 7 is just taking the pain out of processing a 55 gallon drum of 223 brass.

Not the kind of thing most hobby reloaders, like me, need. But totally interesting! :)

Like most of us, I process my brass in much smaller lots. Typically I load on a turret press these days. Honestly, that's fast enough for me. Just put the video up to show what can be done, and how some of the commercial loading outfits get it done.

Guy

Very cool opportunity to see advanced automation first hand. Thanks for sharing

JD338

Back