The ultimate mule deer and antelope rifle?

I'm building mine right now. 6.5-.284 Norma. Waiting on the barrel. Here's the ingredients:
Savage 111 long action, trigger adjusted to 40oz
Benchmark barrel, 3-groove, 1-8.5 twist, 25" SS, heavy sporter contour
Nitrex(Weaver) TR-2 3-15x50 scope, pull up turrets resettable to zero
Burris Xtreme Tactical steel base
TPS TSR steel rings
Bell and Carlson Duramaxx stock

That sounds like a good one! How much longer before you are able to put some pictures of that beast on here! Scotty

beretzs":3y2pjlel said:
That sounds like a good one! How much longer before you are able to put some pictures of that beast on here! Scotty

Could be several weeks or a month. Chris at Benchmark told me they are starting to catch up a little after a hunting season run, but I'm not bugging them to get it done. I am pretty fired up to put it all together. A fun winter project.
They are also rebarreling my M70 Winchester action in .300 Win mag for my "ultimate elk rifle."

.270 WSM in either a 1) Kimber Montana 2) Tikka T-3 3) Browning A Bolt (Mountain Ti would be cool) - 130 or 140 AB's - Leupold scope .... go huntin'

BCH, I like the way you think! I really like my 270WSM. Pretty versatile hunting round, from small to big, it does a great job! Scotty

Pre 64 Model 70 in 264 Win Mag. Sightron Big Sky SII 3-12x42. 130 gr Swift Scirocco going 3250 FPS.

I am currently working on my new one! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

jmad_81":kq9puesv said:
Details POP?

HA! You know better! Next week with pictures! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I shot some awesome rifles today at a MI Gathering (24 Hr Campfire) that would qualify as "Ultimate" Mule Deer and Antelope getters.

Custom M700 25-284
Custom M700 6.5-284
Custom Pierce 260 Rem
M70 264 Win Mag

For Pop, a couple big sticks....

Winchester 1895 405
Custom 458 AR (458 RUM case trimmed to 2.500").

Man, there sure are a lot of great calibers out there!

JD338

nodak7mm,
Can I ask where you got that bench rest rear shooting rest in the pic you posted? It looks awesome and very sturdy.
I would like to improve on what I currently use.

Thanks,
DON

Close enough to perfect for me! Maybe not the ultimate, but it will get the job done.

dsc0230_1.jpg

dsc0231_1.jpg

dsc0233.jpg

dsc0229.jpg

dsc0236.jpg

"flat as roadkill"

I like that one... May just have to tuck that away for use later. :grin:

Since I just got it, I hope it's the 25-06. It would take a lot to impress me more than the 7mm08 or 7 Rem Mag though.

Back