There I was...

joelkdouglas

Handloader
Jun 5, 2011
There I was, sitting in class before "Evolution of Airpower Theory" here at US Army CGSC, and I decided to scan the reloading powder bot before class. Natchez had 8# kegs of H4350 in stock, and I added one to the cart, checked out, fully expecting it to be a joke. I have had a keg of H4350 on backorder for almost 14 months!

Then tonight I got a shipping notification--I think I got a keg if H4350! I am pumped about not running out of powder.

If anyone didn't know about the bot, here you go...

http://www.gunbot.net/reloading/Powder/

That is a great way to find powder. We could use something like that at in Canada :wink:!

Blessings,
Dan

HOGWILD338-378":1axt79ye said:
You sure you did not get a keg of IMR4350 ? IMR4350 is not same as H4350 anyway I hope ya got what ya wanted?

Delivered from FEDEX today, H4350.

I was also a bit worried--when I checked gunbot immediately after checking out the H4350 was already out of stock again. Checked my order, it said H4350, and then got it today. Now I have really more H4350 than I absolutely need, at 11 lbs (I found 3 lbs a couple of months ago, and have shot through a little more than a lb since then). But it will keep me making 30-06 and 25-06 ammo for hopefully a couple of years. I had been using only H4831 in my 25-06 to save the remaining H4350 for my 30-06 and 180 Partitions.

Great ya got what ya intended :mrgreen: it's a better powder if ya like to load hot and shot cold, extreme powders are are not temp sensitive like others ! H4831 has been around for a long time and is always in a lotta loads in a lotta books ! Book Mark ammoseek as well as they are a great site also !

I had looked this planet over for H4831 to feed my two starving 270's and none to be found. I was on everyone's call back list to no avail. Three weeks ago tomorrow I went to the local gun show and everybody and their brother had it! guess who picked up 8# of it? :grin:

Another powder I was looking for was all but non existent, H380, and someone turned me onto Bruno's and voila, ordered that yesterday along with a couple others to off set that stupid hazmat fee.

Went into the LGS this afternoon looking for H4895 and they had just about everything in one pounders except for H4895 and Varget. They have a bunch of Varget one pounders coming in next week! I picked up 8 pounds of Benchmark :mrgreen:

I can only think of one LGS around here that even sells components. I was told not long back they just can't get components. Time was there was no less than four places I could always pick up whatever powder, primers or brass needed...not anymore. I have to bite the bullet, pay the hazmat fee online orders or wait until the next gun show in hopes of finding what I need. It's a rather sad situation to have to get 80% of what you need online.

Back